iPhone randomly shutting down, Cause for Concern?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by skate71290, Aug 29, 2011.

1. skate71290 macrumors 6502a

Hey everyone, i have an iPhone 4 and since i fully charged it this morning, every now and then my iPhone will randomly attempt to shut down, then revert back to the Lock Screen (without shutting down). I am using the latest iOS beta, so if anyone has had the same issue, and any recommendations, i would appreciate it, Regards, skate71290

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

My iPhone 4 has done this 3 times since last July (and as recently as 2 weeks ago), and my iPad 2 did this constantly for the first 2 weeks. My iPhone 4 or iPad 2 are on the current OS available (not beta).

I've never been able to figure out why it does this, and a restore (not from a back-up) never seemed to fix this issue.

3. skate71290 thread starter macrumors 6502a

mine has done it four times today lol, if it's a hardware issue can anyone confirm this, because it'll just go straight back to the Apple Store lol, and yes i'm running a beta, but if this is not a common issue, nor should a 6th beta do this!

4. iLLBehavior macrumors newbie

I had 2 iPhones that did that. Eventually they didn't come back on!
    First one Iwas not so mad about, lost stuff yes but nothing too important.
    2nd time it was right after I had some photos taken with family I rarely get to see. Lost those photos...

The next 2 didn't do this. My third, the power button got jammed down somehow. No problems with this 4th one....

*Edit* Sorry I didn't read all of it. My screen was just going flat out black and would be hard to start up again. Could take anywhere from right away to 15minutes.

5. thunderbunny macrumors 6502a

thunderbunny

Used to happen fairly frequently for me on one of the earlier betas but had no problems with the current.