iPhone randomly shutting off

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by salilsundresh, Dec 6, 2007.

1. salilsundresh macrumors 6502

Occassionally, my iPhone randomly shuts off and then I try to turn it on and it turns back on for a second or less and thaen shuts off. (by shuts off, I mean the screen goes off) Finally, after this happens 2-3 times I am able to turn it back on. Any ideas? I'm using firmware 1.1.1 unlocked with T-Mobile sim card.

2. chiefillini macrumors regular

I am having this same issue like crazy now. Started 2 days ago and seems to be getting worse. My phone is un-hacked. Any one have any ideas on this. I am going to do a restore this morning to see if that helps.

Thanks

3. ssb333 macrumors member

I have exact same problem. Anybody know what to do.

4. macfearless macrumors regular

5. Digitaldaddy macrumors newbie

iphone random shut down

My iphone started randomly shutting down, and sometimes it would take hooking up to power (usb) to get it to re-boot. The only thing I had done was upgrade cydia, so I went back and re pwned my phone and this time did not upgrade cydia (later on the phone). You need to re-install cydia back when you pwn or the new version stays on your phone. The problem went away! Hope this helps someone.

Digitaldaddy
    Iphone 2g, 2.1 FW,JBU on t-mobile

6. vsick macrumors newbie

digital daddy did you reupgrade cydia? did the problem happen again?