iPhone really is the best

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dj1891, Feb 21, 2015.

1. dj1891 macrumors regular

dj1891

I had been a loyal iPhone user, 3G,3GS,4,4S but after that I got bored, very little was changing and it felt like Apple was getting left behind so I jumped to Android, a Nexus 4 to start, I went through a few to be honest, everything from the Moto G to recently the S5 and if I am honest I had issues with each and every one.

The S5 for example for a phone of that spec mine ran crap, it was sluggish and had dire battery life.

I am not being fussy but I did have issues with every phone, not one of them just worked.

Sold the S5 and bought a 5S and it feels like coming home, OK its not the latest model but it is fast and fluid, all my apps work and my battery life, well lets just say at the end of the day I have 50% left, my droids died before bedtime.

So I think I am back on Apple to stay, I think it does us some good to switch now and again, it makes you appreciate just how good iPhone is.

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

The nexus 4 and Moto g are both very inexpensive phones, pretty comparable to the iPhone 4s in most respects. The GS5 has great specs but Samsung ruins android with TouchWiz.

The Moto X and HTC One(M7 and M8) are great devices.

3. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

I think it can be useful to see what's out their and to experience them.

Nice to see you return to the Dark Side. ;)

4. the caveman macrumors 6502

Welcome back

----------

Im currently alternating began xperia z3 and 6 plus, both have ups and downs but i always reach for the iPhone because of ease of use, i know it sounds cliche, i have a family that's nine thousand miles away and apples ecosystems makes it very easy to connect with them, things like I message and facetime are very easy to use

5. CEmajr macrumors 601

I agree. In the past I occasionally tried to use Android phones as my daily driver but always ended up coming back to the iPhone for one reason or another. So these days I know better than to leave the iPhone again.

6. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I had a Sanyo Katana for two years. Good flip phone. For almost three years I was on an HTC Touch Pro with Windows Mobile Professional 6.

That was an awesome phone. I had it highly customized and running Sense 2.1 w/weather. With mods I could directly upload pics to Facebook and videos to Youtube and I had a Dropbox app as well towards the end.

Thing was built like a tank and survived many falls, one which was from three feet up on to concrete that sent it sliding six feet away from me on it's face.

My iPhone 5 is great and I love it, but it wouldn't be half the phone it is to me if I couldn't jailbreak it. I absolutely loathe and detest iOS 7 and it's fruitcake salad color inspired by Fisher Price and PlaySkool so a jailbreak has allowed me to make all that blinding, annoying color go away.

I'm not going away from Apple any time soon, but the recent WinMo phones are attractive to me, especially those that have Cortana on them.

7. Matthew9559 macrumors 6502a

Matthew9559

I usually ditch my iPhone for the Nexus phones and am always disappointed with the battery life. Beyond that I find the OS'es both pretty much do what I want. Just my apps tend to crash a lot more on Android which is annoying and the camera on the Nexus line typically blows.

8. JackieInCo macrumors 601

I use three phones, all of them purchased within the past 30 days and I love them all. Battery life on all three is amazing.

I have a Note 4 that has gone two days with 5 hours of on screen time. I use this with my Gear S watch so the battery life takes a small hit when connected through BT 24/7.

I have a Note Edge that can last a full day with 4-5 hours on screen time.

I bought a 6+ and got it delivered yesterday. All three of these phones have excellent build quality and have identical screen sizes. There are pluses in each of these phones that I like and obviously, the Android phones have features that the iPhone doesn't.

I doubt that I can ever give up either platform.

I've had every iPhone since the original but I did skip the 5. I still have my 5S and 3GS.

I also still have my Original 128GB Retina Mini, a Nexus 7 and Nexus 4.

9. moldy lunchbox macrumors 6502a

moldy lunchbox

Wow I would start to sell some of those. Too many devices that do generally the same things:p

10. JackieInCo macrumors 601

No! I will never sell them . I use all of them each and every day. All of them have T-Mobile service. I use Google Voice so I can just grab one and get calls on any of them.

11. Sketchr macrumors 6502a

The note 4 and note edge almost seem identical except for the "edge" menu. What else separates the two?

The only android I currently use is the LG3, and it's decent. I've tried the Samsung S4 and then the S5 and they always end up getting returned...

12. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

The iPhone is a great phone and personally I think it is the best out there for me. If I didn't, I wouldn't own it, simple as. Preference is the main factor and as human beings it differs from person to person. As somebody who used Android for 4 years I found the iPhone to be a refreshing change. I know people who have gone to Android from iPhone and had a similar satisfaction level.

Buy what you like and be happy because lets face it nobody really cares what other people like as long as you are happy with your own choice. :)

13. iApple_man, Feb 23, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2015

iApple_man macrumors regular

iApple_man

For me, it was the opposite. I was in-between using both Android and Blackberry the last 6 yrs up until this past December 2014 when I switched to Apple after using the 5c for a few weeks in Nov 2014. I now have the 6.

Wow, the hype is real about iOS. So fast and crispy, well in other terms, very fluid. I was bored of Android altogether, whether if it was HTC Sense or Touch whiz, mainly I was tired of touch whiz and I wanted something different. I'm sure the Lollipop update will be nice but I'm good.

Apple is very refreshing I can't see myself going back. I will keep my Blackberry Z10 as a backup tho. BB10 is good, but it still lacks, even with the latest OS 10.3

14. barkomatic macrumors 68040

I would agree that the iPhone 6 series are currently the best smartphones on the market. However, Samsung and HTC will be announcing their new flagships March 1st so that could change.

15. IpadSC400 macrumors 6502a

IpadSC400

It's stories like these that make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. A friend of mine just got an HTC M8 and it is slower than any phone I have seen in the past few years. Wow...get what you pay for I guess.

16. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

Well flagship android phones like the M8 are not cheap. They cost virtually the same as the latest iPhone, so even if the phone was that slow it seems that your friend didn't get what he paid for.

17. Savor Suspended

Savor

MIUI gives me the best of both worlds.

OT, I was hesitant updating to MIUI 6 until today. I sorta regretted it at first but not anymore! I think I messed up flashing a ROM after the update which led Updater app not responding. This app called Hibernation Manager fixed all that similar to Greenify. Underclocks to lowest CPU while screen is off. It is apps like that which keeps me always intrigued by Android. QuickPic, All In One Gestures, Nova Prime, Screen Off & Lock, Lazy Swipe, Wakeup Touch Nexus, and so on...

18. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

I never got deep into messing around with Android when I used it. I always felt there was too much to go wrong if you didn't follow the right guidelines. Since moving to the iPhone I realise I do the same things I used to on Android anyway so in reality I have nothing to miss.

19. jimbo1mcm macrumors 68000

Not leaving again

Similar story. I bailed out of Apple for a larger screen S4, G3, etc. Went back with the Ip6. If you haven't tried an Apple phone, you can't appreciate how really good they are and how they fit into the Apple eco-system.

20. Zaft macrumors 68040

Zaft

Hard to believe honestly. the M8 is one of the fastest android phones out there.

Plus as someone mentioned, the M8 is priced just as high.

21. IpadSC400, Feb 24, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2015

IpadSC400 macrumors 6502a

IpadSC400

Hmmm, his was glitching out like the iPhone 4 8gb does with .1 gb left on it. He thinks that is orthodox. Another reason why we stick with Apple...:)

22. rosario1990 macrumors regular

There are too many devices are competiting with iphone like HTC M8, Nexus 4, Samsung S5 and so on. But out of them I like iphone.

23. barrikade macrumors member

I too, had a similar path. I started with iPhone 2G and got every iteration until the 4S came out. I was mad they didn't up the screen size and jumped shipped to Android. I started with the Galaxy S2. It was a refreshing change and a blast with all the customization. I was so excited, I continued the path and got the GS3. After about a year with it, I got the iOS itch (my wife stayed with iPhone the whole time b/c she's not a tech geek like me). So when the 5S came out, I went back to iOS.

I tell ya, the feeling was like coming back to my old house that I grew up in. Not much changed, everything is where it should be, feels familiar, felt comfortable, I knew where to find everything. So I repressed my need for a larger screen and stuck it out with iOS from the 5s to the now 6+. I do have G3 as an alternate work phone and it's a great phone too. It's nice how it has a 5.5" screen just like the 6+ but the overall footprint is smaller and more compact. It's a really nice overall package. That said, typing on the G3 is still not as enjoyable as the 6+. Maybe it's something with the responsiveness...Also, being older now I prefer simplicity over endless customization; there's just less and less time to tinker.

But yeah, now that I have the 6+ I don't think I'll be jumping back to Android anytime soon, even though there are some really attractive Android phones coming this year.

24. venomgt95 macrumors 6502

venomgt95

My dad wanted a 6 plus (mainly for the screen size) But we cant afford one for boost (They want $649.99 for a 16GB!) So, he got the next best thing: the Boost Max By ZTE. The screen size on that is 5.7 inches. (so, bigger than the 6 plus)

25. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

In fairness, full retail price for 6 Plus 16GB is $749 so $649 is already discounted. Those who pay $299 subsidized generally just pay more per month for "service".