Iphone rebate

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mlg32, Feb 21, 2008.

1. mlg32 macrumors member

1)I am thinking i should get an iphone now before the new sdk arrives and might be stuck waiting for a new jailbreak form a new bootloader or ?
    2)I remember when they dropped the price and did away with the 4gb model there was some sort of rebate , was it cash or just itunes credit?
    )3I will be unlocking and using on my tmobile service,is there opinions about buying a refurb model and saving $50, and maybe getting a phone that has been triple checked and less likely to breakdown on me, since I understand returning a unlocked phone could be kinda iffy? any help ,opinions from the iphone Guru's here would be appreciated. thanks

2. BOSS10L macrumors 6502a

1) IMO, the iPhone is too expensive to just take chances on. I'd wait until your t-mobile contact is up and then switch, that way you don't chance anything.

2) That was a one time thing that Apple did. It will never happen again. FWIW, it was a $100 credit to the Apple store.

3) See #1

3. mlg32 thread starter macrumors member

No ATT service

I live in an area where ATT is not available, we have sprint verizon unicel, us celluar and tmobile, and there are as I have been told many times no plans to move ATT in this area.

4. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

1. There will definitely be new software which will make it harder to unlock. People will figure out, but maybe it'll take a week, maybe it'll take a month or two.

2. Depends on timing, may or may not happen. Note iPod prices sometimes drop with a new model, and there has never been any rebate on ipod prices. Thus it might be a one time thing.

3. Refurb works the same as new. There was some on sale recently, but quickly sold out.