iPhone reboots at night

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jessieblommaart, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Jessieblommaart macrumors newbie

Hello!

I'm an extremely happy user of my iPhone 6s Plus. It's an extraordinary phone, incredibly powerful and desirable. One thing that keeps happening is that my iPhone reboots once every 3 nights basically. iOS seems to restart, widgets from Notification Center reload, all the apps reload, and iOS is always back at the first page of my home screen. In Diagnostics & Usage Data I see the log SystemMemoryReset. The interesting thing about all of this is is that this has happened on all 4 of my devices which I continually get replaced at the Genius Bar for the analysis of a hardware problem. All of them are set up as New iPhone, and never restored from a backup. The only action I take on all my devices is I sign in to iCloud manually to pull all my data to my phone (which works great!), install my 20-some apps from the App Store and pair my Apple Watch.

The SystemMemoryReset data says 'System Memory exceeded limit: xxx.xx MB vs. 225.00 MB'

Anyone have any idea?

Thanks so much!

Jessie

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 9.2

2. Cisto1983 macrumors newbie

Cisto1983

It happened to me as well tonight. iPhone 6s 64gb, one week old. Logs show the same reason you posted, I guess it's just a software bug

3. wateron macrumors regular

--- Post Merged, Jan 16, 2016 ---
    Happens to me too, my diagnostics showing multiple instances of "awdd", "CoreTime", "ExcResource", & "JetsamEvent" whatever that means. Also the phone part of the iPhone doesn't work sometimes. I can make a call, the person answers but they can't hear me & I can't hear them. Have to reset the iPhone to get the phone to work again.

4. thadoggfather Suspended

thadoggfather

This is still going on with 9.2?

Shameful, something I noticed on 9.0.2 on air2 and 6s+ (Jailbreak path)

At least it doesn't respring in the middle of doing stuff like it did for most versions of iOS 8 on my 6+

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

6. thadoggfather Suspended

thadoggfather

It's insane to me that stock iOS crashes

That used to be never the case pre-iOS 6, even with a fair amount of tweaks

But again I much prefer random resprings while I'm sleeping, every once in a while to actual in use.

My 6s+ with a ton of tweaks on 9.02 barring that is really rock solid

7. daijholt macrumors 6502a

daijholt

Those are generic system logs, a JetsamEvent for example is when the device runs out of RAM and ejects the oldest running app from memory for something new to be able to run.

Check the name of the crash logs, and if you see one titled "Panic" then you have a problem. A Panic is a kernel issue and signals a hardware fault. When this happens, Off to the genius bar you go!

8. Jessieblommaart thread starter macrumors newbie

I think it has been fixed with the release of iOS 9.2.1

There seem to be a lot of memory related issues fixed as stated: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205732

Could this be the fix, as anything in that document is new to me?

9. Ron21 macrumors 6502a

10. max2 macrumors 68000

11. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

12. max2 macrumors 68000

Same here.