Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SaltedV8

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 19, 2012
USA
So, I listen to music on my iPhone X throughout the day and periodically it just reboots. The screen goes blank and then it says "Zoom Enabled" then it takes me to my home page. It actually doesn't take as long as an actual reboot, it is rather quick.

I had a 7+ until Monday and that one did the same thing.

I read also that sometimes 3rd party cords could be the cause so I am now using the cord that came in the box with my new iPhone.

Any ideas as to what is going on? is it the phone? Pandora? the Cord? Any ideas? Anyone else have this happen?

thanks in advance

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Sounds like the Apple headphones are defective, just out of the box or not. I would get them replaced if it did the same on two phones. I would also not use them in the mean time.

SaltedV8

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 19, 2012
USA
Bluetooth or hard wired via lightning?

The phone is connected to a charger to stay charged but the music comes via bluetooth
[doublepost=1510173568][/doublepost]
Return it and get a new one. That is not normal behavior.

But to happen to both phones? That seems like astronomical odds, doesn't it? Not disagreeing with you because I tend to not be NEARLY as tech savvy as almost everyone on here so I am open to returning it
[doublepost=1510173621][/doublepost]
Sounds like the Apple headphones are defective, just out of the box or not. I would get them replaced if it did the same on two phones. I would also not use them in the mean time.
I do not u se headphones. It plays via bluetooth from a Bose Soundlink

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
The phone is connected to a charger to stay charged but the music comes via bluetooth
[doublepost=1510173568][/doublepost]

But to happen to both phones? That seems like astronomical odds, doesn't it? Not disagreeing with you because I tend to not be NEARLY as tech savvy as almost everyone on here so I am open to returning it
[doublepost=1510173621][/doublepost]
I do not u se headphones. It plays via bluetooth from a Bose Soundlink

If you can reproduce at the Apple store they should replace.

Reactions: SaltedV8
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.