iPhone Reboots with Monster Cable?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by sparkomatic, Mar 1, 2011.

1. sparkomatic macrumors 6502a

sparkomatic

Hey all, wondering if anyone else has seen or heard of this before.

I've got an iPhone 4 running 4.2.1 and it's jailbroken through Greenpoison.

The phone works great but I've noticed that randomly (and not all the time), it'll reboot in the car when I've got it connected to a Monster iCarCharger 1000. At first everything will be good. Then, it'll start acting up with messages saying it can't charge my phone. I'll keep dismissing the messages and re-plug in the cable and then it'll eventually reboot the phone.

I thought it was the bluetooth headset I was using but it's happening with no headset connected. And, it didn't seem to be happening prior to the jailbreak.

Anyone heard of anything like this? Seems weird that the jailbreak would affect a charging cable.

Does anyone else use anything like the Monster iCarCharger? I'm not opposed to using a different product to keep my jailbroken iPhone!

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

good chance it has nothing to do with the jb. people jb then any changes they blame the jb. it is most likely some app you added after words either jb or not. or the cable isn't compatible or working right. try popup blocker in cydia allows you to stop warring such as device not supported etc. it's 99 cents but the dev does have a test try. really don't think it's the jb it's self though.

3. sparkomatic thread starter macrumors 6502a

sparkomatic

Thanks. It's just kinda odd. I did a restore and don't have the problem. I do have pop-up blocker and that will dismiss the message saying the charger is incompatible (yet it will still charge the phone) but this message is actually saying that it won't charge the phone; and doesn't.