iPhone Rebrand Immenient?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tmacfan4321, Jun 4, 2013.

1. Tmacfan4321 macrumors regular

I was checking out cases at Best Buy a few days ago and noticed that all of the iPhone 5 cases had, "for iPhone 5," pasted over with a sticker that said, "for the new iPhone."

Has this been this way for a while and I'm just noticing it for the first time, or is Apple planning on rebranding iPhone in the same vein as iPad soon?

2. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

I wouldn't mind that. Usually people like to ask, "What's the newest one?" anyway.

3. darster Suspended

4. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

I'd much prefer if Apple dropped the iPhone 4/5/5S/6/6S/7/7S etc. moniker and just called it "iPhone" with whatever generation it is in parenthesis (like they did to the iPad).

5. Tmacfan4321 thread starter macrumors regular

I just saw it at Target too while picking up a candyshell for my 4S.

6. Tankmaze macrumors 68000

Tankmaze

maybe, until they announce the low cost iphone, which can be called iphone nano or mini or whatever. and the flagship iphone will be called simply "the new iphone"

happens to the ipad line, can't see a reason why apple wouldn't apply this to the iphone line.

7. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

Been there all along. Before the name of the iPhone 5 was announced the specs had been leaked and the cases were made. They called it the new iPhone. A lot of the new iPhone cases had problems because they were never tested properly. :mad: