iPhone reception issue

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jimmy83, Sep 7, 2010.

1. jimmy83 macrumors 65816

Since yesterday I keep losing signal in most cases I lose all signal, vie got a work phone with me with is also on O2 an I've always got pretty much full signal on that phone. Rebooting sometimes sorts the signal out and it can work for a while but then just drops out again.

I've only got a cheap eBay case for my iPhone 4 atm until my bumper arrives, but just holding it with two fingers on the side it still struggles for signal.

I think I remember someone posting out a Sellotape fix in the sim tray, does anyone have or know if this may help?

2. RafaelT macrumors 65816

RafaelT

If it was working ok how you were using it before and all of a sudden stopped working there could certainly be something wrong with the phone. You should try a restore and if that does not work I would try and have it replaced from Apple.

3. jimmy83 thread starter macrumors 65816

Tried this 'fix' http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=17316948&postcount=8635 doesn seem to have helped...and now round my parents where I always get full signal but just with GPRS its sitting on 'no service' :(

One thing I have noticed tho is the side of the sim seem to touch the sim tray, could this be causing the issue as it might be shorting out?

[​IMG]

4. jimmy83 thread starter macrumors 65816

By looking at my photo of my sim above, do you think it looks like it sits right in the sim tray?