Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zeov

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 1, 2011
Odense
Now, i doubt this is going to work and it's a pretty long shot.. but wth im gonna try.

So, me and a few buddies are going to do the 'Milk Challenge' which is where you have 5 liters of milk, and within an hour, you see who drank the most, and it usually ends up in a puke party within the last 30-15 minutes, it's effing awesome.

Now, i'd like to record the whole hour, but i doubt my 32GB (which most if it used used, so about 5-10GB) iPhone 4 will be able to record all of that.

so the question is, is it possible to record from iPhone, and directly to the hard drive on your computer? that would make things a lot easier for editing and stuff later on (so i dont have to export)

Thanks.

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
There's no way right now to record directly out of an iPhone. It has to be done on the flash.

Your best bet would be to pick up a flip cam (they've been discontinued but are cheap now) and record ti that way.

iFiend

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2011
There's no way right now to record directly out of an iPhone. It has to be done on the flash.

Your best bet would be to pick up a flip cam (they've been discontinued but are cheap now) and record ti that way.

Or instead of needlessly spending money you could fully charge your iPhone and sync everything off so you had room to record an hour.

Also, how old are you? :)

Zeov

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 1, 2011
Odense
Or instead of needlessly spending money you could fully charge your iPhone and sync everything off so you had room to record an hour.

Also, how old are you? :)

i'm 18, will be 19 soon.

May i ask why :D?

Givmeabrek

macrumors 68040
Apr 20, 2009
NY
I remember not too long ago a radio station had a water drinking contest (see who could drink the most). One of the contestants died....... :eek:

They don't hold these contests anymore. :mad:

What you are doing could be deadly.......

Zeov

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 1, 2011
Odense
I remember not too long ago a radio station had a water drinking contest (see who could drink the most). One of the contestants died....... :eek:

wow didnt know that, thanks for telling.

Carl G35c

macrumors 6502
Aug 14, 2008

overhydration

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
Well, the resulting lawsuit will surely demand lots of video evidence. Here's how to do it:

First, buy a Glif so you can mount the phone on a tripod:
http://www.theglif.com/

Then get the app named 'TimeLapse.' Set it up to record as a video (not as still photos) and set it to take 1 frame per second. That should give you 1 hour's worth of milk-drinking in a single 2-minute video.

As long as you kept the tripod still that's probaly good enough for the purposes of showing a jury exactly what happened.

(Be sure to put the phone in Airplane mode so you don't get texts interupting the video!)

Actually, all kidding aside, he probably doesn't have worry about milk. He'll throw up LONG before that happens.

That's why water is bad...your body just takes it all in. He'll never last that long with milk, though.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
it usually ends up in a puke party within the last 30-15 minutes, it's effing awesome.
Wow you really now how to live, drinking so much milk to you puke.

I see you're looking to live large and aim high ;)

SidBala

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2010
What you are doing maybe quite fatal. Check with a doc or someone before you go ahead with this strange party.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
What you are doing maybe quite fatal. Check with a doc or someone before you go ahead with this strange party.

But the OP said its effing awesome, it must be ok, I mean its not like he's drinking so much milk he's throwing up, oh wait.

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
Wow you really now how to live, drinking so much milk to you puke.

I see you're looking to live large and aim high ;)

Yeah, this is not something I've ever even thought about as a good time, but hey, I graduated college almost 10 years ago, what do I know.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.