iPhone 6(S)(+) iPhone recording calls

fokmik

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 28, 2016
USA
Is theres a way to have an app or something to have the ability to record the phone calls and keep them on the iPhone?

revmacian

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2018
USA
Is theres a way to have an app or something to have the ability to record the phone calls and keep them on the iPhone?
From what I understand this gets into the area of wiretapping laws. In the USA, you could do this but the laws require that an audible beep sounds at specific intervals to let all parties know that the call is being recorded.

MyMacintosh

macrumors 6502a
Aug 10, 2012
Older phones used to be able to. I remember having it on one of my old LG flip phones. wish they could bring it back

eyoungren

macrumors Core
Aug 31, 2011
ten-zero-eleven-zero-zero by zero-two
You will need to jailbreak.

http://ioscallrecorder.com/
[doublepost=1542485971][/doublepost]
From what I understand this gets into the area of wiretapping laws. In the USA, you could do this but the laws require that an audible beep sounds at specific intervals to let all parties know that the call is being recorded.
This is actually down to local laws. In some locales, only one consenting party is necessary for legal recording.

Last edited:

BasicGreatGuy

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
You will need to jailbreak.

http://ioscallrecorder.com/
[doublepost=1542485971][/doublepost]
This is actually down to local laws. In some locales, only one consenting party is necessary for legal recording.
It is a shame that an app like that is not available on the store. Being able to save the recorded file locally is how it should be, instead of going through a service, which people should never do, in my opinion, especially if one cares about security and privacy.

And you are correct about variances in local and state laws. Most of them are one-way consent.

Reactions: eyoungren

eyoungren

macrumors Core
Aug 31, 2011
ten-zero-eleven-zero-zero by zero-two
It is a shame that an app like that is not available on the store. Being able to save the recorded file locally is how it should be, instead of going through a service, which people should never do, in my opinion, especially if one cares about security and privacy.
I agree, it is a shame. Call Recorder though, is a perfect example of why I jailbreak. Useful apps like this are possible because of that.