iPhone Recovery Mode

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by kevin899, Mar 5, 2011.

1. kevin899 macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

I attempted to modify the fstab file on my iPhone 3G today and I accidentally added an extra character before I saved it and SSH'd it. Now, my iPhone is stuck in a recovery mode loop. I've tried just about every program out there that is supposed to take the phone out of a recovery loop, none have worked. I've tried restoring to firmware 4.2.1, 4.2, 4.1, 4.0, and 3.1.3; they all don't help.

Any ideas on accessing the fstab file while the phone is in recovery or DFU mode (I can put it into DFU mode)? I tried SSH and DiskAid, neither works. I'm pretty sure just correcting the file will solve everything.

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

if you can't Shsh or use Ifile you can maybe try Iphone Explorer or other iphone browser if that fails DFU mode and restore as new then rejailbreak that should work.

3. kevin899 thread starter macrumors newbie

I've tried complete-restoring to the firmwares listed in my first post, and I've attempted rejailbreaking using redsn0w and limera1n - neither gets me anywhere.

4. labman macrumors 604

labman

what version firmware limera1n is for 4.1 also are you restoring as new? if your not you might be restoring part of the problem. 1st get it stored then worry about the jailbreak. DFU mode will give you a blank screen. justtrying to offer help so hope I'm not I'm not offending.

[​IMG]

5. kevin899 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm sorry, I appreciate your suggestions. I've tried restoring in both restore and DFU mode, but I don't even get to the point where I select whether to set it up as new or from a backup. I've tried redsn0w and limera1n, on numerous firmwares, including 4.1.