iphone redesign...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tMac85, Dec 23, 2007.

1. tMac85 macrumors 65816

tMac85

With the very wanted 3G coming in may/June/summer do you think we will see some small redesign. Personally I think the 3G will be thinner. I look at the Iphone now and can not really see a external design change possibility. Sure thinner and mabye all silver or black. but the size is perfect. I dont want it bigger or smaller. Im wondering since they plan on selling a bizzzzillion by the end of 08 do you think we will see a small redesign in the summer for the 08 to boost sales and keep up with competition. post your thoughts i want to know what you think, being that my contract with Verizon ends then!

thanks

2. wchong macrumors 6502

it is likely that a redesigned iphone might be introduced along with a 3g chipset.

perhaps different materials to make the phone more sturdy? (aluminum case?) a different battery (since the 3g chip may use more battery than the current one), and a bigger hard drive (16gb or 20gb or 30gb?)

OR apple may leave it just the way it is.

3. thesheephair macrumors member

after reading the first couple of words :

"With the very wanted 3G coming in may/June/summer"

i gave up on you, its just one of those unanswerable q's mate, honestly there are lots of points to consider lookin at every angle, they may follow the ipod trend they may not, they may go 3g they may skip it and go 4g in years i dont know who does, its business tactics.....

4. bob5820 macrumors 6502a

bob5820

Well I guess any hard drive would be bigger then no hard drive. You do realize the iPhone uses flash memory, not a hard drive.

5. plumbingandtech macrumors 68000

Some people say yes.

Others say no.

The answer is there.

6. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

True, but I think he meant capacity.

Making it at least 16GB or preferably 32GB (assuming it's still flash based) would get me sold as then I could put all my music on the thing and not have to lug around my phone and iPod.

Why did you even bother posting? Of course it's one or the other!

7. afields macrumors 6502

afields

only thing they could change is make it thinner...its basically perfect

8. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Weird. I'm afields too.

Oh, also, I don't think they'll change much apart from perhaps making it a tad thinner.

9. plumbingandtech macrumors 68000

Simple facts are lost on people. That's why.

10. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Ha ha...well he stated the only 2 FACTS in relation to the original question.

Those are the only 2 things that we know for sure, so why not answer the question with them? Everything else in this thread is just someone's imagination.

11. 2Shae macrumors 6502

They could make it smaller in my opinion, because compared to most phones in Europe it's pretty big.