IPhone (refurb) instead?!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by acrafton, Sep 18, 2007.

1. acrafton macrumors 6502

So, I was set to get an IPod Touch but given the recent screen issues, and the stripped down software, a refurb IPhone (activated via hack but no phone service) seems like a much better way to go. ..

Pros
    Better screen
    Speaker (great for kids watching a vid)
    Apps (mail, maps, notes, weather, etc. .
    Bluetooth
    Camera
    Can always be turned into a phone
    $50 cheaper

Cons
    8GB vs 16GB

This seem like a no-brainer?!

Adam

EDIT - sorry guys, didn't see the very similar thread.

2. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

It just depends what you want. It may seem like a better deal to get more things, but its only a deal if you actually use those things. If you'll use those things - then by all means, get the iPhone. I don't edit calendar events or need notes enough to warrant a refurb. iPhone so I got a touch - any added utilities I need I can use my laptop or wait for the touch to be hacked.

3. Scribble1412 macrumors newbie

I'm the guy who started the other thread :)

As of right now.. and for the past couple days. I'm in the same boat as you. Thinking I might be making the purchase later today.

Heres a link to the other thread for anyone interested:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=356210

4. shoelessone macrumors 6502

YES PLEASE POST IN THE OTHER THREAD. IT WOULD BE BEN-I-FISH-UL TO HAVE ONE THREAD WITH THIS DISCUSSION. READ THROUGH THE THREAD FIRST, THEN ADD YOUR THOUGHTS/OPINIONS

I myself made a thread like this like 2 weeks ago. Then there were new threads. And more new threads. On the same topic. So I'm going to be posting/reading the thread linked above, and ONLY that thread.