Iphone refurb

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Coachwillb, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Coachwillb macrumors newbie

I am about to receive a refurb iPhone 6s from t-mobile, does anyone have experience with refurbs what should I expect?

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Assurant you mean?

If so, it's a crapshoot. Sometimes they are refurbs with inferior parts and sometimes they are brand new. Sometimes they are somewhere in between.

Apple refurbs are actually remanufactured. New casings, batteries and new parts to replace those that fail a QC check.

3. Coachwillb thread starter macrumors newbie

It a warranty exchange from tmobile

4. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

If you are paying for insurance from T-Mobile, then Assurant is the actual company that handles that.

5. Coachwillb thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok I don't have to pay for it though I am confused ‍♀️

6. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Now I am confused.

Did you buy the phone recently?
    Did you get it with AppleCare+?
    Are you paying for insurance?

7. Reno Raines macrumors 6502a

I got a refurb 5s and it was warrantied as new. One year into it and it is going strong. I have heard different things with t mobile and refurbished phones but those are usually android ones. If I remember correctly apple refurbished phones from apple have high standards. I have read on other forums that t mobile gets their refurbished iPhones from apple. If that is true I would not worry about it. You can always ask t mobile and they can put your mind at ease.

8. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

From my experiences, warranty iPhones from carriers can use different companies to refurbish the iPhone. For Example, Verizons refurbished iPhones are used through their third-party repair manufacture (Not Apple). When you get a refurbished iPhone from Apple, that refurbished iPhone is from Apples process.