iPhone regional phones?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by manishans, May 6, 2014.

1. manishans macrumors member

Hi All,

I want to check if its true that there are separate iPhone models/different qualities for US and other countries?

Why i'm asking is because i'm from asia and there is a reseller who says that an iPhone from singapore will cost about 15 USD cheaper than a iPhone brought from US.

This is kinda new to me and im not sure if this seller is lying to me.

"All Apple iOS devices have a model number which looks something like this: MC605LL/A. The MC605 is an iPhone 4, black, 32GB. You can find these numbers on the Models page. The two letters behind it, LL in this case, specify the region code. "

Thanks for your feedback! :)

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

3. moosquared macrumors regular

moosquared

Those are probably the LTE band model number.
    You can check here: https://www.apple.com/iphone/LTE/
    Which type of phone are you buying? Because I think only iPhone 5 and up that have the LTE/4G network.

As to the phone being cheaper than US? Can't be. Just check their websites and compare their prices. US is cheaper.
    iPhones in Singapore are more expensive. They don't even have the official Apple store there. To my knowledge, the cheapest one would be from Hongkong. But then again, you're already paying $700-800 for a phone. Paying $15 more isn't going to make much of a difference.