iPhone Release in Summer

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wfoster, Apr 7, 2009.

1. wfoster macrumors 6502a

wfoster

Hi all,

If there is an iPhone release in the summer, will iPhone 3G users on O2 in the UK get a free upgrade? Just like when the 3G came out for the first time.

Thanks,
    Wesley

2. ChazDaSpaz macrumors regular

We honestly don't know....... We will wait and see, maybe, maybe not... /thread.

3. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Erm, what free upgrade? When the 3G iPhone was released existing iPhone users on O2 were allowed to buy a 3G iPhone at the same price as new customers in return for extending their contract to run for 18 months from the purchase date of the 3G phone. Basically they were allowed to break their contract for free: not handed a free phone.

If we are really lucky the same deal will be available, but basically no-one know and it's entirely up to O2. Most likely there will be some sort of upgrade, but I can't see it being for all/any existing 3G iPhone owners: there will be some sort of minimal time that you're contract will have to have been in place for, say at least 10 months. Otherwise you could buy a subsidised 3G phone one day and get another subsidised phone the next day without O2 getting their money back from the contract which is never going to happen.

4. FearNo1 macrumors 6502a

There should be a FAQ. This has been covered so many times...

5. bigbadnewill macrumors 6502

Does anyone know when the payg next gen iPhone will be released as in how long do you think it will be after the release? I really don't want to buy a contract, but don't want to wait for 6 months for payg to be released after the new iPhone (whenever that may be)

How long after the 3g was released did the payg come out? I did search, but couldn't find answers.

Thanks in advance