iPhone relocking software?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by papadopolis1024, Oct 10, 2007.

1. papadopolis1024 macrumors 6502

Ok so my friend wanted me to see if the iPhone Dev team ever kept there promise about making a relocking tool for the iPhone (he hacked his). I googled it and found that they promised a relocking tool in about a week (The date on it was Sept 25th I think) but that is all I could find does anyone know more? thanks!

2. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

I havent heard anything about it since then. I wonder how they are doing that, or if they are all putting their brains together to come up with an unlcoking tool for 1.1.1...hmmm.

3. cazlar macrumors 6502

There is no re-locking tool at the moment. I too hope it has not been forgotten by the dev team. I do know the new "elite" dev group is looking at this problem though, but as they have just formed it is unclear whether they will be able to solve it.

Note that, as far as I know, "re-viginizing" your phone by reflashing the baseband does not fully restore the phone to a "factory" condition, and you will still brick if you update. So if you have a iUnlock/AnySIM 1.0.2 phone, your best bet is to just wait it out for the moment.

4. applefrk715 macrumors newbie

hey will, i mean "papa"
    but yeah hey everyone im his friend...

i unlocked it w/ iunlock and its jailbreaked and everything..... i cant upgrade or im bricked........................

so yeah lets go dev team!
    (ahem ur promise... yeah)

5. spinstorm macrumors 65816

I recommend getting your hands on IPSF and then upgrading the firmware to 1.1.1 then going back to 1.0.2.

When you upgrade iTunes reflashes the baseband and FIXES it so any unlocks are gone.

Then when you go back to 1.0.2 it is unlocked again - you can't unlock with iunlock/anysim as it doesn't yet work with the new v.4 baseband

BUT

iPhoneSimFree does work with it! So it unlocks you in 1.0.2 and then you can upgrade to 1.1.1 and keep the unlock all you have to do is Jailbreak and activate it.

6. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

maybe we need the super elite iPhone dev team.

I bet they could do it.