iPhone remembers old email addresses

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by CBX, Oct 9, 2009.

1. CBX macrumors regular

Hi:

When using IMAP email on my 3G. If instead of clicking the + button to add email addresses I just start typing (bringing up the search function), the search finds email addresses I have either recieved emails from or sent emails to that are not in my address book!

How can I remove these?

The same thing happens in mac mail, but here I can use 'Previous Recipients' to get rid of them.

Any ideas?

2. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

Well I guess restoring your phone and setting up as new, then syncing contacts from your address book and not from your back-up would do it.

3. CBX thread starter macrumors regular

I did think about that but was hoping for a less drastic solution...

Any other options?

4. Resist macrumors 68030

I hate this! I had a few email addresses I typed incorrectly, so now they always pop up. They took away spotlights ability to recover old emails but we still have the entered history, which we can't easily clear. This is idiotic.

5. CBX thread starter macrumors regular

6. piblondin macrumors member

Ha! This actually strikes me as a desirable feature. How can I enable it? So many times, I find myself having to go back to my computer or Gmail for emails that I've sent to in the past just because I didn't add them to the Apple address book.

7. CBX thread starter macrumors regular

I don't mind having it enabled (as per mac mail),
    however there should be a way to remove the from the listing.