iPhone reminders all trashed by iOS 8

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by scottperry, Sep 26, 2014.

1. scottperry, Sep 26, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2014

scottperry macrumors newbie

Last night (two days after having updated my iPhone to IOS 8), all of my "Reminders" stored in my Apple-Reminders app were deleted. This will be a very time-consuming and difficult task for me to replace these. This will be the last time that I store any critical data in the Apple-Reminders app. Is anyone else having similar issues with the Apple-Reminders app deleting data after iOS eight update?

2. Yun0 macrumors 65816

Yun0

all my reminders are still there, u sure ur reminders sync is set to "all reminders"? & that u check any other list they may be in instead? (in ios 8 under default list mine says "reminders" & "family")

3. scottperry thread starter macrumors newbie

Maybe I had too many of them.

I had over 100 reminders, both long and short term, both one time and repeating. I think I might have overloaded their system. Now I have none. Synchs were all turned on, but were of no value. My guess is that you may not have had as many reminders set up in your system before you updated, no? Scott

4. scottperry thread starter macrumors newbie

Moved my important reminders to the "Any.DO.app"

Over the last 4 years, this is the second (and hopefully the last) time I migrate out of the iOS Reminders app. Can't afford this kind of a mess again. The Any.Do reminders app looks like the best bet to me these days, and I've just set up with that. Took a little getting used to, but looks like it was worth the trouble.

Scott:)

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

I've been thinking of doing the same. Just need to find soemtbing that does reminders well (including repeated reminders at various different intervals), has an iOS 8 Today widget, and has ability to see/edit reminders online or at least apps on other platforms.

6. scottperry thread starter macrumors newbie

The Any.DO app does all of that

Hey CD M,

The Any.DO app does in fact do all of those things. It has a widget for iOS 8 and has a website where you can login from any web-enabled platform and edit your To-Do's.

Scott

7. C DM, Sep 27, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2014

C DM macrumors Westmere

Interesting. I'll check it out. I thought I looked into it earlier and didn't see the part about a widget.

Edit: Just installed it and can't say I see a Notification Center widget for it that is available.

8. scottperry thread starter macrumors newbie

Notifications Center Widget for Any.DO

My understanding of this widget is that it is the notice that is normally accessible when sliding down from the top edge of the screen of an iOS device? On my devices, it is putting a notice there whenever the alarm-time for that notice arrives, and after I set all notifications to ON in the Settings/ Notifications center for Any.DO, and also in the Settings/ Any.DO feature itself.

Scott

9. C DM macrumors Westmere

Ah, I see. Those are basically notifications. What I mean is an actual widget that's essentialky always present on the Today tab (as introduced in iOS 8) showing what reminders you have due or might be upcoming.