Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

badlydrawnboy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 20, 2003
I'm attempting to connect to my iTunes library with the iPhone remote, but I get an an error message informing me that "Remote could not connect to your Library." The firewall is off.

This is very strange. I am able to connect to my iTunes library on my MacBook, but not on my Mac Pro. I even re-created my library on the Mac Pro (and then imported the iTunes xml file to get all of my playlists, etc. back). Still no luck.

badlydrawnboy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 20, 2003
Here I'm having a conversation with myself. But in case I do figure it out and it's of any value to anyone else, I created a test account on my Mac Pro with a fresh iTunes library and I can't connect to that either. Since I CAN connect to my MacBook iTunes library, this suggests that the problem is related to some setting within OS X on the Mac Pro. The firewall is enabled, but it's set to allow all incoming connections to iTunes. I've also tried disabling the firewall completely, but that doesn't seem to help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.