Iphone repair question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Deniseinfl, Nov 4, 2007.

1. Deniseinfl macrumors member

Hi: I dropped my Iphone & now the ringer doesn't work. I'll likely take it to an Apple store to have it repaired. Does anyone know ball park how much Apple charges to fix something like this? Thanks!

2. ck27 macrumors newbie

3. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

200 seems maybe about right? I would probably have gone a little cheaper. Maybe 120? I dont know. Are you sure its broken?

4. KeithM macrumors newbie

I just called Apple about replacing my :apple: iPhone back cover, and it alone was quoted at about 270 dollars!!!!:mad: I just have a few nicks and dings in it...I guess I should be thankful it is still in good working condition. For that much money I would rather buy a new one...but I can live with the minor dings as it still works. I would recomend finding a better case for it though. If mine was fully protected I would probably not have this problem. Good luck getting yours fixed...post back to tell us how much it would cost if you find out

5. ejrizo macrumors 6502

ejrizo

flat rate for repairs not covered by warranty are...

4GB - $200

8GB - $250

6. hexproject macrumors member

you can superbrick your phone and they will have to repair or replace it

you can superbrick your phone and they will have to repair or replace it

if you have dings or scratches, there's way to replace a file in iphone so it doesn't boot up. then Apple will replace for you.

I bet apple is reading this and backlisting me at this very moment..