iPhone repair rental unboxing photos

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iNicholas, Aug 13, 2007.

1. iNicholas macrumors newbie

I recieved my rental iPhone today and thought I would share the experience.

Attached Files:

2. The General macrumors 601

3. megfilmworks macrumors 68020

megfilmworks

Can you imagine any other phone manufacturer going to this much trouble? This is reason alone to go with Apple.

4. aristobrat macrumors G5

When I got mine back, it turned out to be a brand new iPhone. The box that the replacement came in looked like a mini-me version of the regular retail box. It was pretty nice. :)

My only complaint is that I wish Apple wouldn't charge for the loaner phone...

And no pictures? Sheeeeesh. j/k j/k :D

5. megfilmworks macrumors 68020

megfilmworks

Yeah that would be great, no charge on the rental, it would get them some serious points.

6. gceo macrumors 6502a

gceo

7. scriptkitten macrumors regular

scriptkitten

did you have to pay for your loaner?

my iphone camera died yesterday. i went ot the 24 hour 5th ave store at 1am and they gave me a loaner.

i gave them my sad puppy eyes and the dude gave in to my jedi mind powers requesting he waive the $30 :)

8. iNicholas thread starter macrumors newbie

I did pay for the loaner phone but my boss got me my iphone so I'm probably not as upset about it as I should be.

9. aristobrat macrumors G5

Well, no. My other half works there, so ... but others are having to, so I'll whine none-the-less. :)

10. iPhoneHome macrumors 6502

11. aristobrat macrumors G5

On mine, a strip of the screen became unresponsive to touch.

12. Martin C macrumors 6502a

Martin C

Wow, that's awesome. I agree with aristobrat on this topic. No other company would give you a temporary $600 device while yours is being repaired.

13. bluesman87 macrumors member

I just took mine in to get the vibrate button replaced since it stopped working completely. The guy gave me a loaner phone and never mentioned paying for it so I never said anything. My friend even knocked it out of my hands at a party and it hit the asphalt. It dinged up the back but when i took it in to get my (seemingly brand new) iPhone they never said anything about that either. Pretty easy!!:):apple:

14. runplaysleeprun macrumors 6502a

runplaysleeprun

my ear speaker stopped working. They said they were going to charge me for a loaner, but then they looked up my account, and said they'd give me a free one. I've bought A LOT of computers from them.

15. iAmLegend macrumors regular

iAmLegend

I was charged $31 for my loaner phone, and so were the 3 other people I know who had to have their phone repaired. If I have another problem with this phone (through no fault of my own of course) I am going to ask for a new phone, because I shouldn't have to end up paying over $660 for this phone when it was a.) expensive to begin with, b.) under warranty, and c.) I had nothing to do with the defect (in case anyone is curious, my iPhone stopped getting phone service everywhere for no obvious reason.) Waiting almost a week without a phone while it gets repaired is not an option in this day and age, especially if your cellphone doubles as your home phone...so charging that much money for a loaner is just taking advantage of people who have no other choice.

Shame on you :apple:

16. ecks618 macrumors 6502

ecks618

Or they should just swap out phones like a normal company should.

17. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

First university coding class = 46 years ago
    Apple should do it for free to everyone, considering they stole the ~$350 carrier subsidy buyers should've gotten as the customer. Heck, they should give everyone a massage, dinner and a ride home.

As for loaners, people are quite often given temporary $50,000+ devices (cars) while one is being repaired.

:)

18. alanisrox69 macrumors regular

I've had to do this too, in my opinion it makes no sense for them to send a loaner phone, they should just send a new phone right off the bat and avoid double shipping.

-Derek-

19. scriptkitten macrumors regular

scriptkitten

exactly. when a key on my blackberry 8700 got sticky they just sent me a replacement and i sent the old one back. that's how cell phone defects should be taken care of.

i can understand paying $30 for a loaner if you're getting a cracked screen repaired, or if the phone has other self-inflicted damage... but to make people pay for a loaner on a somewhat buggy (altho wonderful) 1st generation phone is almost criminal.

20. mkjj macrumors 6502a

mkjj

21. Sweetfeld28 macrumors 65816

Sweetfeld28

22. LiquidDonut macrumors newbie

On a side note, I just sent my iPhone in today for the "white dot" problem which the Apple Care rep said it was a defective LCD. Does anyone know what to expect as far as turnaround, I doubt they will take apart the phone to replace the LCD so I bet they just send a new phone. Anyone had this done?

23. aristobrat macrumors G5

It took a total of three business days for mine.

I dropped it off at the Genius Bar around noon Monday, they overnighted it to the Repair Depot who got it and overnighted a replacement back on Tuesday, arriving first thing Wednesday. Total time was slightly under 48 hours, but spread over three days.

24. LiquidDonut macrumors newbie

So I may be lucky and get it back on Thursday. Also, was your white dot problem resolved?

25. Anonymous Freak macrumors 601

Anonymous Freak

Damn!?!?!?! I've got a box of those lying around somewhere. I don't need them *THAT* badly. Off to eBay for me!