Iphone repair/replacement questions

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NSK123, Oct 12, 2008.

1. NSK123 macrumors regular

NSK123

Hi, I am having a bit of a problem with my Iphone 3G that I have been using for a couple of month now, the problem is that the display have two tiny dead pixels on the left side of the screen which is starting to bother me and the display is showing signs og dust.. There is basically dust under the glass on the screen which I obviously can't remove by hand, there is three particularly large chunks of dust/ dirtthat I have no idea of how they got in there in the first place or if the Iphone already had it inside. one grain sized is sitting right in the middle and the other is sitting right by the phone icon..

Anyways I bought the phone from Tele2 in sweden and It has been working perfectly, jailbroken and everything for the last couple of month but this dust/ dirt pieces / dead pixel on the display sucks so I was wondering if It would be easy to get it replaced?

Who should I contact? the company that I bought it from or should I get in touch with apple directly?

2. deimos256 macrumors 6502a

first off restore it back to OEM software, and go through apple to get it replaced. Your complaints are legitimate, and other have had phone replaced for the same reasons. If you have an apple store nearby bring it there for an on the spot replacement, or you will have to send your phone in for repair and they may or may not send you a new phone or your original phone repaired. In my experience i am now on my third phone and i must say this newest refurbished phone is much much better than the previous 2 brand new ones i recieved. I think this could be that refurbishing goes on in the united states, which has higher quality control than the factories in china.