iphone repair shipping instructions?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Diode, Nov 1, 2007.

1. Diode macrumors 68020

Diode

Does anyone have a copy of the iphone shipping instructions?

I know this is a random request but I need a copy for a dispute with my credit card. Essentially I need to prove to my credit card that I followed all instructions for a shipment of the loaner iphone.

I used a dropbox for the return fedex claims it was never picked up and apple is charging me with the cost of a loaner iphone therefore I'm trying to go through my credit card to reclaim the fee.

I threw them away not thinking it would come to this :-(

2. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

I don't have one. The instructions do say not to use a drop box I think.

That really really sucks. You didn't have the tracking number? It was really never picked up? That really sucks. I hope someone helps you out.

3. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

I don't have one. The instructions do say not to use a drop box I think.

That really really sucks. You didn't have the tracking number? It was really never picked up? That really sucks. I hope someone helps you out.

4. uPhone macrumors regular

I actually still didn't return mine and I didn't get charged yet!

After how long did they charge your card? And how much did they charge your credit card?

The shipping instructions are to:

Remove the SimCard

Put the iPhone back in the box

Seal the Box Up

Peel where it says peel here on the shipping label

when you peel you get the return label and then u just call fed-ex and schedule a pick-up

If you could please tell me after how long you got charged and how much you got charged that would be great!

5. rglatter macrumors regular

I just looked at my repair book, and it specifically says

"Take the sealed box to a fedex location or contact fedex to arrange a pickup."..."Do not leave the package in a FedEx drop box. Apple is not responsible for any loss resulting from packages left in a fedex drop box."

That said, I would check the tracking number to confirm that it has or hasn't been picked up.

6. Diode thread starter macrumors 68020

Diode

O wow thanks for checking that. However whats the repair book? I don't remember the instructions I had specifying anything about a drop box.

Fedex is doing a claims search but they still haven't found it yet.

7. Diode thread starter macrumors 68020

Diode

I returned the loaner in august and they charged my card a few days ago ... for $630 :-(

You don't think you could scan / fax me those instructions could you?

8. inder macrumors newbie

I am having the same issues.

I am dealing with the same problem. I turned in my phone at one of those Fedex UPS basically third party stores. I did not know I was supposed to remove a tag so I don't have a tracking number. Nonetheless Apple says they never got it. I will post what find here.

A representative from Apple (will not mention her name) went as far as to suggest I should claim the loss to my homeowners' insurance you all know that is insurance fraud and I'm sure Apple will not be happy to hear this. But it will all go into the report when I file against them.

I contacted my bank and filed an investigation on that charge. They will send me paper work and I will fill it out and fight that charge.
    I was told to drop off the phone at a Fedex location which I did. I fulfilled my part. Anytime I ship something I purchase warranty especially if I am responsible for it. This was a prepaid package provided by Apple and therefore they should have provided warranty.

I will also file a claim with small claims court to make sure they don't get away with charging me $648 for a loaner phone I returned.
    It really shows their greed. I don't understand how the prize of the phones is now $400. yet they still want to charge us $600 plus tax for a loaner. Either way I am not about to let them charge me for a phone I returned to them. My only fault was not holding on to a tracking number but I am not a criminal and will not allow them to charge me for the loaner phone.

9. inder macrumors newbie

I won

I got my money back from Apple.

I complained with the BBB and I also complained with my credit card.
    My credit card got my money back. I don't know if filing a complaint with the BBB had any effect but I was prepared to take them to small claims fortunately it didn't get to that point.

10. TurboSC macrumors 65816

TurboSC

Well reporting it to the BBB will at least spark off some kind of investigation into this situation.

I'm glad you got your money back from your credit card though.