iphone repeats same song

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Anne Marie, May 9, 2009.

1. Anne Marie macrumors newbie

when listening to album on my iphone it now only plays one song then it repeats the same song. This has only happened in the past 2 days. It used to just play the next song on list. What can I do. Thanks

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

By any chance do you have repeat on? When you play a song on your iphone, on the top right hand side are the arrows chasing each other around blue??? If so press them and they should go white, thus turning repeat off.

3. Deadman64 macrumors 6502a

Is it even possible to have one song play over and over? (if say you press repeat, and shuffle on an album with multiple songs)

4. ptsube macrumors 6502

Yes it is. Push the repeat button once and it will turn blue and repeat the alum/playlist. Push it again and a tiny 1 will appear next to the toggle, this will repeat just one song over and over again. Push it again and it will turn repeat off.

5. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Yes. It's just like in iTunes or any iPod ever. You just press toggle repeat twice and then it will only cycle that one song.

6. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

7. Deadman64 macrumors 6502a

oh nice. wow learn something new everyday. thanks.

8. skicat macrumors newbie

NO repeat arrows

I let my 7 yr listen to my ipod on my iphone and now I can't stop the repeat. I don't see the repeating arrows that are normally there. Where could they have gone?

9. babaki macrumors newbie

iPhone 4 - Repeating a Song (iPod App)

Ive never been a fan of apple and now I purchased the iPhone 4 and believe it is the best phone ever ever been made!

now my only problem is that using the ipod app that came with the phone, I can not repeat one song only.

I created a playlist in itune cause it did ot let me create a folder and place songs in an album, so I created a playlist and dragged all my favorite songs in it. now when i want to play i can either go to "playlists" or "songs" and choose a song to play, however there is no repeat feature for it. the only repeat that is there only repeats the whole playlist or song list and will not only play one song over and over again.

i have tried tapping anywhere to see if there is a bar showing up but not a chance.

there are only the two arrows forming a round oval which means repeat and the shuffle option no other thing.

now is there any way to repeat one song only?

i must admit the ipod software is lacking many things and is not as convenient as any other phones music player at all. this is the only thing i did not like about apple iphone. the rest, simply perfect!

10. babaki macrumors newbie

problem solved! I had to tap it twice to repeat one song else it would repeat the whole playlist or album :D

Bloody apple iPhone 4 is the best phone EVER made. Thanks Apple! :)