iPhone replaced by Apple - Can I jailbreak again?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by itsme92, May 1, 2010.

1. itsme92 Guest

Hi,

I had a 32GB iPhone 3GS that was jailbroken. It had SHSHs backed up for 3.1.2 and 3.1.3 on Cydia, and was running the older baseband (the one before 05.12.01). It had hardware issues, so Apple replaced it. My replacement phone is running stock 3.1.3 firmware with 05.12.01 baseband. However, the model number is MB717LL. That's the old bootrom, right?

Anyway, my question is, can I jailbreak again? Are my backed up SHSH's device-specific? Or should I wait for the Spirit jailbreak?

Thanks so much.

2. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

SHSH are device specific. You cannot currently jailbreak. Wait for Spirit.

And model number has absolutely nothing to do with jailbreaking an iPhone 3GS. The model prefix seems to be completely random; at least nobody has yet been able to suggest any plausible basis for the MB/MC prefixes.

3. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

And while you are waiting make sure you back up your SHSH files for 3.1.3 for your new phone.

4. itsme92 thread starter Guest

Thanks! I guess I'll play the waiting game. It wasn't a critical issue, but I got it fixed now because I heard the Spirit jailbreak would be out soon, so hopefully I won't have too long to wait.

I did that using Firmware Umbrella. Thanks for the tip.