iPhone replacement/iCloud awesomeness

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TrulyYuki, Nov 29, 2011.

1. TrulyYuki macrumors 6502

TrulyYuki

I visited the genius bar today for a replacement iPhone. My iPhone 4s had some receiver issues where it was really "crackly" when making phone calls. Never happened with my iPhone 4 so, I finally decided to get it replaced. Anyway, got the new phone, started to punch in my information to get it started and BAM... iCloud awesomeness. Took about 5 minutes but it restored all my information. Apps would take a lot longer so now that I'm home they're uploading but everything up until the last 20 minutes of phone use on the old iPhone was restored wirelessly. I hate the cloud for not having idisk or the gallery, but damn, I love it for this restore function even though I may never have to use it again.

Well, of course while I waited to my phone to restore I did what I shouldn't do and stuck around the Apple Store. Ugh. That place is always dangerous. I did good. All I got was a Product Red Smart Cover for my iPad to replace the pink for now. It is FRAKING amazing on the white iPad!

2. RoboCop001 macrumors 65816

3. bgtrack macrumors regular

bgtrack

I really want to use iCloud backup...but there are two things from stopping me.

1. iTunes Match is still horrible on my iPhone...it takes minutes just to move to the next song...I am stuck using iTunes Match on my computer and then syncing the music old school with iTunes.

2. Apple did a great allowing you to sync your photos from iPhoto and keep the faces, places etc. in the photos app. iCloud won't back this up though...I would just say screw it and just use photo stream, but I have over 1000 photos.

4. TrulyYuki thread starter macrumors 6502

TrulyYuki

Just got a message that iCloud is too full to back up. Apparently iCloud has different back ups for each device. So I had to remove the old iPhone before it could begin a new back up. It should already known.