iPhone replacement MUCH louder than last one

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by swindmill, May 17, 2008.

1. swindmill macrumors 6502a

swindmill

I just had my iPhone replaced under warranty and it is much louder than the one I had before this. It's louder from the external speaker (rings, etc) and the internal speaker (listening to calls). I'm very satisfied with it, as that was one of my gripes about the iPhone, but I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed this difference between different iPhones. Maybe my last one was just a dud in that respect and I never knew it.

2. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

I recently received a new phone and can say there was zero improvement on the loudness from any speaker. bought the first one on iphone day. good for you though. I hope they seriously improve this on version 2

3. maxxscholten macrumors regular

I took mine in two days ago because it had been freezing up a ton lately and they replaced it.

I also noticed a HUGE difference between volumes. I wasn't sure at first, but my gf says she hears it too. Much nicer to have now that I can actually hear my phone ring and everything :D

4. hexonxonx macrumors 601

Mine too! I had my original iPhone replaced in January. I had bought in on July 6 and it always had low volume. The replacements volume was so loud that we can hear YouTube videos playing at work and everyone can hear. Same with the other two iPhones purchased a few months back. They seem to have made some improvement somewhere.

5. NiroshanMan macrumors 6502

I definitley saw a difference in my iPhones, not just from speaker, but overall usage. I hope they fix this in the new version cause a lot of their iPhones seem to vary, good or bad... which is annoying. but good for you

6. Sonicjay macrumors 6502a

Sonicjay

I thought I had noticed a difference as well; Im on my second phone, and the first seemed to have been much louder. I took my phone to the Apple store to complain, as it's so quiet now, I can barely hear people talking on it unless it's dead silent where I'm at. In the car, forget it; can't hear. The girl at the Genius bar took it in back for a couple minutes then came out and handed me the phone, on which she had already dialed the store's number. It was much louder. I looked at the phone and realized it was the same one (same nicks, etc). She said the grill on the speaker gets lint and dust and crap stuck in it, and she used a tiny stiff toothbrush to clean it off, and blew out the mic and speakerphone as well as the headphone jack. I have a really skinny short bristled brush that came with a set of hair clippers that fits in there perfect. It's already getting quieter after a week and a half. I guess it builds up quick when you just keep it in your pocket *shrugs*. Looking at it before she cleaned it, I couldn't even tell there was anything on it. That grill screen must be pretty dense.

7. mckandy macrumors member

The same thing happened to me. I took my iPhone into the Apple Store a couple of weeks ago after the home button stopped responding. They immediately gave me a replacement and the volume was MUCH louder. Then a friend of mine heard mine and got jealous because he's always been unhappy with how quiet his is... he took it in to the Apple Store and they gave him a new one that was a lot louder.

8. jostree macrumors newbie

Battery improvement!!!

Hi, I am on my fourth iPhone!! now. First one had mechanical issue, second one was freezing up and third one starting giving me an error screen. So since 2 weeks ago, I have my fourth iPhone and I am VERY happy with it. I think that it is louder, but the biggest improvement has been the battery life.

My first 3 iPhones lasted roughly 24 hours between charges. This one lasts 68 hours with roughly 6.5 hours of use time. This is insanely good compared to what I was used to.

Do you, guys, have similar experience or is it just my phone this time?

Jos