iPhone Replacement Polarization

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TommyboyCAN, May 6, 2011.

1. TommyboyCAN macrumors newbie

May 6, 2011

I have what I thought was a simple problem turn into a more worrisome problem for me. Have been an iPhone user for 2 years and now have an iPhone 4 (since December). Anyways on the iPhone 4 my home button stopped working consistently and only works maybe 30% of the time now. So I took the phone into the apple store to get it replaced. No problem, however as I was walking out of the store I put on my glasses and I could barely see the phone and it was an odd blue blur. Now I know some of you will be screaming its because of my polarized sun glasses etc. which it is, however my old iPhone 4 had no difference when I put my glasses on or off.

For me I use my phone all the time outside and fixing the start button was not enough for me to try and work with a phone that had all kinds of polarization issues. I went back to the store and reverted back to my original phone as the store was not really wanting to handle my request for a phone that behaved exactly like my original with a fixed home button. We tried 2 replacements and both had this blue hue. When I looked at the phones on display 2 of the iPhone 4s were just like mine 2 others had the blue hue.

Does anyone have any recommendations or information as to a change that went into the phone to exhibit this issue. Also I have to get the phone fixed but what is the best route to go through to get a phone without the blue hue via my glasses? I know this seems pretty petty but I don't think I'm asking too much.

Thanks Tom
  2. TommyboyCAN thread starter macrumors newbie

May 6, 2011
    Anyone have any recommendation on this please.
  3. awadeee macrumors 68020

Jan 21, 2011
    Viper City
    Some iPhone 4s have a piss yellow screen, some others have the cool blue screen. Just depends on which one you get.
  4. reaborg macrumors member

Jun 19, 2010
    Santa Clara
    He is talking about a whole different issue that's only apparent when he puts on his sunglasses.

And yah, I've noticed this polarization "effect" on my replacement phone as well. I think its due to the new LCD Apple is using in their new batch of iPhone 4 (the one's with "yellow" tint). Hasn't been a big issue for me yet as I haven't found myself using my iPhone much outside with my sunglasses on. But then again, I also don't remember if this effect was there with my launch day phone. Either I don't remember, or it was never there.

Advice: So either get another phone (used launch day iPhone or another brand), or change your sunglasses :).