iPhone Replacement Polarization

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TommyboyCAN, May 6, 2011.

1. TommyboyCAN macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have what I thought was a simple problem turn into a more worrisome problem for me. Have been an iPhone user for 2 years and now have an iPhone 4 (since December). Anyways on the iPhone 4 my home button stopped working consistently and only works maybe 30% of the time now. So I took the phone into the apple store to get it replaced. No problem, however as I was walking out of the store I put on my glasses and I could barely see the phone and it was an odd blue blur. Now I know some of you will be screaming its because of my polarized sun glasses etc. which it is, however my old iPhone 4 had no difference when I put my glasses on or off.

For me I use my phone all the time outside and fixing the start button was not enough for me to try and work with a phone that had all kinds of polarization issues. I went back to the store and reverted back to my original phone as the store was not really wanting to handle my request for a phone that behaved exactly like my original with a fixed home button. We tried 2 replacements and both had this blue hue. When I looked at the phones on display 2 of the iPhone 4s were just like mine 2 others had the blue hue.

Does anyone have any recommendations or information as to a change that went into the phone to exhibit this issue. Also I have to get the phone fixed but what is the best route to go through to get a phone without the blue hue via my glasses? I know this seems pretty petty but I don't think I'm asking too much.

Thanks Tom

2. TommyboyCAN thread starter macrumors newbie

Anyone have any recommendation on this please.

3. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Some iPhone 4s have a piss yellow screen, some others have the cool blue screen. Just depends on which one you get.

4. reaborg macrumors member

He is talking about a whole different issue that's only apparent when he puts on his sunglasses.

And yah, I've noticed this polarization "effect" on my replacement phone as well. I think its due to the new LCD Apple is using in their new batch of iPhone 4 (the one's with "yellow" tint). Hasn't been a big issue for me yet as I haven't found myself using my iPhone much outside with my sunglasses on. But then again, I also don't remember if this effect was there with my launch day phone. Either I don't remember, or it was never there.

Advice: So either get another phone (used launch day iPhone or another brand), or change your sunglasses :).