iPhone replacement question?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Inkllicious, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Inkllicious macrumors regular

I have a 3G. If I paid the 200$ out of warrenty replacement, would I get a 3G or a 3GS? Or would it be more? or .. What would happen?

2. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

It depends on their stock. Only the store can answer that. :apple:

3. Inkllicious thread starter macrumors regular

It'll be the brand new store at conestoga.. So I'm guessing they won't have any? or will have tons?

4. Kentochan macrumors 6502

Kentochan

When I had mine replaced for broken WiFi, they gave me an iPhone 3G, saying it was the last one in their stock. But I'm sure that if they didn't have any in stock, they would mail an iPhone 3G, not a 3GS, to your house.

5. Inkllicious thread starter macrumors regular

But they don't make 3G's anymore..

6. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A5288d Safari/7534.48.3)

They would keep a reserve of "replacement only" devices.

7. DJinTX macrumors 6502

For what it's worth, when my original iPhone was having some problems I was worried that they might replace it with the new 3G. I hated the 3G when it came out. In any case, i asked a store genius if my problems warranted a replacement would they give me the orig or the 3G, and they said at the time, "we always replace like with like".

The disclaimer: This was 4 years ago, and the orig had only been replaced by a month or so, and policies can change, but this is what I was told at the time. It would be easy to keep around some replacement stock of past models, but they may not want to deal with it.

8. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

A better question to ask yourself is "Why would they give me a 3GS for free?"

9. Inkllicious thread starter macrumors regular

That's the thing. They gonna charge me extra off the 200$ oowr fee?

10. CardboardDoom macrumors newbie

Maybe Apple would be different, but as far as normal practices go, I don't see any reason why they would give you a 3GS under any circumstance.