Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shah1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 30, 2010
Hi,

Just had my wife's iPhone SE replaced under the 12month warranty due to issues with her handset. Asked what the warranty would be on the new phone and was told it's 90days. However, when I checked online with the new serial number, its showing no warranty coverage! I always thought the replacement handsets come with a 1 month warranty?

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Hi,

Just had my wife's iPhone SE replaced under the 12month warranty due to issues with her handset. Asked what the warranty would be on the new phone and was told it's 90days. However, when I checked online with the new serial number, its showing no warranty coverage! I always thought the replacement handsets come with a 1 month warranty?

What does it say on the receipt. Call Apple and ask them.

jetsam

macrumors 6502a
Jul 28, 2015
The Apple US warranty is 90 days or the remainder of the original warranty, whichever is longer.

A replacement part or Apple Product, including a user-installable part that has been installed in accordance with instructions provided by Apple, assumes the remaining term of the Warranty or ninety (90) days from the date of replacement or repair, whichever provides longer coverage for you.

https://www.apple.com/legal/warranty/products/ios-warranty-document-us.html

Reactions: ftaok
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.