iPhone Replacement

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by slick10084, Dec 6, 2011.

1. slick10084 macrumors newbie

I was having troubles with my iPhone 4 32GB and brought it to the Apple store yesterday. They told me it was a battery issue and since I was out of warranty, I could replace the battery for $79 or replace the entire phone for $149. Mine was looking a little worn so I decided to replace the entire phone. When I got home and went to restore with my backup, all of my data couldn't sync and didn't fit - they replaced my phone with a 16GB phone.

I'm feeling pretty upset over this and even on the receipt it says 16GB and no returns. Something I didn't notice when they showed it to me on the iPhone's they carry around to for you to check-out.

Any thoughts on this issue?

Is this standard practice (the $149 fee for a replacement phone is only for 16GB)?

If this is the case, I feel taken advantage of because I was not informed of this and I would have not replaced the phone, I would have spent only the $79 to get the battery fixed on my 32GB. If I go back is it going to be too late to get my old phone back and repaired?

or

Is this their mistake and was I supposed to receive a 32GB replacement and will they honor that?

Thanks for your input.

2. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

Go back and explain the situation. Let them know you were not informed that the replacement would only be a 16GB. Let us know what they say...

3. slick10084 thread starter macrumors newbie

Resolution

The replacement iPhone should be the exact same model as the broken one turned in. My issue was that when the tech input my serial number, he was off by one character. That's why mine was replaced with a different model.

They gladly rectified the situation (on my end at least - not sure about the fellow whose serial number was used on the original replacement - i.e. if he has a problem with his iphone and they put his serial number in the system then it will probably say this phone was already turned in and replaced).