iPhone replacement?

applefiend95

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 25, 2012
Hey people,
I had an issue with my 4S and got it replaced. my question is, the replacement phone was for CDN $200 (i got it for free), how much would a replacement iPhone 5 cost? the replacement phone is acting up again so would i be able to swap for a 5 this time, i would pay the difference in the replacement cost.....

PsstGreek

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2010
Tampa Bay
Hey people,
I had an issue with my 4S and got it replaced. my question is, the replacement phone was for CDN $200 (i got it for free), how much would a replacement iPhone 5 cost? the replacement phone is acting up again so would i be able to swap for a 5 this time, i would pay the difference in the replacement cost.....
The replacement 5 would be the same price ($200). The replacement fee goes down $50 each year for each iPhone. But if your replacement is on the fritz , apple will replace it for free, as you know.

Comment

applefiend95

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 25, 2012
The replacement 5 would be the same price ($200). The replacement fee goes down $50 each year for each iPhone. But if your replacement is on the fritz , apple will replace it for free, as you know.
you think apple will let me swap a 4S for a 5? i am having trouble with the replacement set as well....

Comment

Brian Y

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2012
No - it's like for like. They don't do upgrades unless you fancy a new 2 year contract.

Comment

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
you think apple will let me swap a 4S for a 5? i am having trouble with the replacement set as well....
Never.
You're not getting an i5 for replacing a 4S.
You're getting the same model, storage and color.
Company policy.

----------

If you break your i5 the replacement fee is $229 now.
They raised it.

Comment

applefiend95

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 25, 2012
No - it's like for like. They don't do upgrades unless you fancy a new 2 year contract.
well i bought mine unlocked

----------

Never.
Company policy.

----------

They raised it.
im gonna take it in again see what they do....

Comment

PsstGreek

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2010
Tampa Bay
Never.
Company policy.

----------

They raised it.
I didn't know that. Wonder why they raised the price. Luckily I bought AppleCare+ (first time) today.

Comment

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
I didn't know that. Wonder why they raised the price. Luckily I bought AppleCare+ (first time) today.
Good question.
The 4S dropped to $150 now and the i5 instead of the usual $200 went up to $229.
Maybe costs more to repair. Hope price drops down later. I don't have AppleCare+:)

----------

im gonna take it in again see what they do....
Good luck:D

Comment

KojiH

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2012
I am sure Apple won't do an "upgrade" replacement especially since they still have the 4S in production.

The only way I can see this would be through something like a BestBuy Replacement Plan where they will replace with the newer model if they no longer have the same older model in stock. My sister did this when she broke her iPod Touch 3rd gen. The store gave her a brand new 4th gen as a warranty replacement.

Last edited:
Comment

KojiH

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2012
Most of the time when I'm in the Apple store they are replacing someone's phone, it seems like a popular activity.
...but not "upgrade" replacements...

However, if your 4S is within the 30 day initial return window then you could return it outright and pay full price for a 5.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.