iPhone replacements via Phone? How does this work?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vbman213, Aug 5, 2010.

1. vbman213 macrumors 6502

So I don't have an Apple store near me. The nearest one is 2 hours away.

I would like to arrange for a replacement. My sleep/wake button rattles and is VERY annoying. It makes me not want to use that button in fear that it will break. I've read of this problem and people getting it replaced on the spot.

How long would I be without a phone? I can't be without a phone for "3 weeks".

2. joe414 macrumors newbie

Had to do that once. Took about 5 days.

Called, they overnight a box
    You send box back over night
    They fix/replace
    They overnight new phone

I called on a Monday and had new phone Friday morning.

3. 5DollaFootlong macrumors 6502

5DollaFootlong

If you can't be without your phone for 5 days, ask them to do the Advanced Replacement Program. If you're nice, you can even convince your agent to waive the $29 fee. If you have AppleCare on your iPhone, then the Advanced Replacement is free. Basically, they send you a new phone, then you send your old one back to them.

4. vbman213 thread starter macrumors 6502

I don't have AppleCare, but I do plan on purchasing it. I just didn't buy it with phone. I was already spending 415 bucks. $315 (Phone) + $100 (Deposit)

I will tell them I'm planning on buying AppleCare! Any recommendations on how to save some money on AppleCare for iPhone?

Edit: I'm on the phone right now... I will update as I get information

5. vbman213 thread starter macrumors 6502

Win =)

I will have my replacement on Monday! Once again, Apple has taken good care of me... =)