Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

royinla14

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 12, 2011
Is anyone else here in a situation where you received a notification during the pre-order that a reservation was made and an email will be sent however you have not received any confirmation at all through an email. There is another reservation thread however it seems that the other discussion addresses situations when an initial email confirmation of the reservation was sent by now.

I am in a situation where I tired to place an order around 12:10AM PST and received notification on the screen with reservation #. I didn't screen shot it, and have not received any follow ups since, nor this reservation appears anywhere on my account on Apple or ATT.

Anyone else? and what is your next step?

pjny

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2010
i had issue with credit card fraud alert and ordered late. cant remember when i got the reservation message but email for ordering reserved phone came at 541am that day. cant believe i got nov 3 ship date,

gaedfly

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2014
I got my reservation confirmation on the Apple store site at 3:15am ET,. At 1:50 yesterday got the email that I have 24 hours to complete the order. Can you call Apple to find out what happened to your reservation?

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Nov 15, 2012
Is anyone else here in a situation where you received a notification during the pre-order that a reservation was made and an email will be sent however you have not received any confirmation at all through an email. There is another reservation thread however it seems that the other discussion addresses situations when an initial email confirmation of the reservation was sent by now.

I am in a situation where I tired to place an order around 12:10AM PST and received notification on the screen with reservation #. I didn't screen shot it, and have not received any follow ups since, nor this reservation appears anywhere on my account on Apple or ATT.

Welcome to the club. I’d say a good 60% of unfortunate members here did. We did everything right but still got that stupid reservation email. Now we got our reservation email few hours later. You should’ve gotten one. If not I’d be even more worried.

royinla14

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 12, 2011
I got my reservation confirmation on the Apple store site at 3:15am ET,. At 1:50 yesterday got the email that I have 24 hours to complete the order. Can you call Apple to find out what happened to your reservation?
I did call apple and it's a blame game. They say I should have gotten the email from the carrier which clearly is not correct

sshock2

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2017
I just got off the phone with Apple and they said all reservations expire at 12pm PST today. So for those of us who never received a reservation email, we're screwed. He recommended to just place another order, of course now with the late shipping time. He couldn't explain what happened. I'm so pissed over this whole situation. We went through all the steps just like everyone else, and yet we get this BS.

chazcron

macrumors member
Aug 28, 2012

Happened to me exactly as it did for you. According to Apple, it never happened. I'll probably never order with Apple on launch day. Ordered thru AT&T at 10:38am and got a Nov2-10 ship date for silver 256GB. Should have gone with AT&T that night. NO ONE at Apple has any way of checking your Apple ID for record of a reservation number. I'm really disappointed with Apple and only ordered with them out of loyalty. No more.
[doublepost=1509216224][/doublepost]
I just got off the phone with Apple and they said all reservations expire at 12pm PST today. So for those of us who never received a reservation email, we're screwed. He recommended to just place another order, of course now with the late shipping time. He couldn't explain what happened. I'm so pissed over this whole situation. We went through all the steps just like everyone else, and yet we get this BS.
I just finished ripping Apple in my support experience survey. I shamed them for not giving support people any ability to even VERIFY if a reservation was issued to a particular Apple ID, let alone retrieve it. I knew they screwed the ones who didn't get any email. Wonder how many of us did. Probably not enough of us for them to care. I spent literally most of yesterday on the phone with support, to no avail. I knew there would be a time limit on the mythical reservations. I placed a backup order with AT&T at 10:30am and will get a silver 256GB by Nov. 10th. Worse Apple experience ever.

cwilliams706

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2017
Columbus, GA
This occurred with the preorder I submitted for my wife, the reservation email came about 2 hours later. I was able to successfully place the preorder though, it's scheduled for delivery on launch day.

chazcron

macrumors member
Aug 28, 2012
A Macrumors member mentioned getting one as late as 10am, said his initially promised shipping time had slipped a few weeks. I never got anything at all.

royinla14

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 12, 2011
Happened to me exactly as it did for you. According to Apple, it never happened. I'll probably never order with Apple on launch day. Ordered thru AT&T at 10:38am and got a Nov2-10 ship date for silver 256GB. Should have gone with AT&T that night. NO ONE at Apple has any way of checking your Apple ID for record of a reservation number. I'm really disappointed with Apple and only ordered with them out of loyalty. No more.
[doublepost=1509216224][/doublepost]
I just finished ripping Apple in my support experience survey. I shamed them for not giving support people any ability to even VERIFY if a reservation was issued to a particular Apple ID, let alone retrieve it. I knew they screwed the ones who didn't get any email. Wonder how many of us did. Probably not enough of us for them to care. I spent literally most of yesterday on the phone with support, to no avail. I knew there would be a time limit on the mythical reservations. I placed a backup order with AT&T at 10:30am and will get a silver 256GB by Nov. 10th. Worse Apple experience ever.
You're lucky at least you placed a back up order. I never did anything so now stick with nothing!

TheWizard4

macrumors newbie
Apr 6, 2011
I have ordered it for in store pickup in 1-2 minutes after Apple Store comes online. However, it still says that my order is in progress! I check the credit card, the money is not withdrawn yet! I am worried about this actually. Is anybody in the same situation?

Attachments

• orderstatus.PNG
    orderstatus.PNG
    17.5 KB · Views: 136

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
I have ordered it for in store pickup in 1-2 minutes after Apple Store comes online. However, it still says that my order is in progress! I check the credit card, the money is not withdrawn yet! I am worried about this actually. Is anybody in the same situation?
As for you, It will stay like this till Nov. 3. Around after midnight on 11/3/17 is when you will be expected to see "Ready for Pick up". When I pre-ordered the 8 Plus, I opted for an in-store pick up, and the status never changed till launch day. So when you sleep at night and you wake up on 11/3/17 you will get an e-mail with the QR code that your item is ready for pick up.

Reactions: TheWizard4

royinla14

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 12, 2011
Well, I think it should be fine as long as your order still appears in their system. Have you checked if it exists? Has your money gone from your account? I would like to know that.
Nothing shows up on my account and normal money went out. It's like a ghost
[doublepost=1509226022][/doublepost]The only evidence I have that at some point there was a reservation for me is this screen shot I took about 20 minutes after the reservation notification on my screen

Attachments

• 71544470-F966-4EFF-AF7B-7BCA41DE428C.png
    71544470-F966-4EFF-AF7B-7BCA41DE428C.png
    434.9 KB · Views: 121

royinla14

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 12, 2011
Ok so to make things worse I just heard back from Apple that they were able to locate my reservation number but it has expired! Nothing to be done.

sshock2

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2017
Ok so to make things worse I just heard back from Apple that they were able to locate my reservation number but it has expired! Nothing to be done.

wtf, what incompetence. How were they able to locate it now and not before?

royinla14

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 12, 2011
Did they offer any form of concession?

No - just that at this time my only option is to order again with delivery of 12/12-17 OR to go to the store on 11/3 which you can imagine how that would go.

I am trying to locate any email address of a sales exec I can possibly email to but can't find anything. Any suggestions? It's so frustrating that I am in this situation completely out of my control and due to clearly an error on Apple's side for not generating an email for one reason or another. I never thought I need to 'protect' myself by screen shot everything I get when the notification on the screen said I would get am email

Thoughts?
[doublepost=1509249299][/doublepost]
wtf, what incompetence. How were they able to locate it now and not before?

The locate it now cause it got escalated to a manager, which I was never able to get to because the phones were down all day Friday!

chazcron

macrumors member
Aug 28, 2012
No - just that at this time my only option is to order again with delivery of 12/12-17 OR to go to the store on 11/3 which you can imagine how that would go.

I am trying to locate any email address of a sales exec I can possibly email to but can't find anything. Any suggestions? It's so frustrating that I am in this situation completely out of my control and due to clearly an error on Apple's side for not generating an email for one reason or another. I never thought I need to 'protect' myself by screen shot everything I get when the notification on the screen said I would get am email

Thoughts?
[doublepost=1509249299][/doublepost]

The locate it now cause it got escalated to a manager, which I was never able to get to because the phones were down all day Friday!
This really ticks me off because I tried all day Friday to get this info and nobody could escalate me high enough to retrieve mine. Now I hear someone managed to get theirs, but too late. EVERY level of support should have been able to retrieve such a vital part of a pre-order, especially as hard as it was to get through to ANYONE at Apple support.

royinla14

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 12, 2011
I read that customers who had issues with ordering thorough the iPhone upgrade program received emails asking to order again and to provide the order number so apple can expedite it. Why not doing anything with us? Clearly we wouldn't have let the reservation to expire if we knew the number!!!

sshock2

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2017
Guys I just got the email for my reservation, crazy. It held my shipping time of 2-3 weeks, but does not allow me the 11/3 in store pick up that was available when I made the order. Hope you guys got your emails too!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.