iPhone Reservation/Pick-Up Poll

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by goonie4life9, Jun 16, 2010.

1. goonie4life9 macrumors regular

I am a bit curious as to how many others are in the same situation (I apologize for the in-text poll - there was no option to create a poll when I created the thread. Moderators, if you could add a Poll, I would very much appreciate it.)

Option 1 - Reserved for pick-up, received confirmation e-mail, reservation DOES appear in iPhone Apple Store App

Option 2 - Reserved for pick-up, received confirmation e-mail, reservation DOES NOT appear in iPhone Apple Store App

Option 3 - Reserved for pick-up, DID NOT receive confirmation e-mail, reservation DOES appear in iPhone Apple Store App

Option 4 - Reserved for pick-up, DID NOT receive confirmation e-mail, reservation DOES NOT appear in iPhone Apple Store App

Here is a some background:

I made a reservation yesterday at 7:40 am CDT for a 32GB iPhone 4, for pick-up at the Southlake, TX Apple Store. I received my confirmation e-mail at 7:54 am CDT. Throughout the day, I checked the Apple Store app, and my reservation was listed under the Southlake store. When I got up this morning, I again checked the Apple Store app (after hearing of all the issues others were experiencing), and found my reservation was no longer listed, so I decided to call the Southlake store. The lady I talked to stated that she did not see my reservation in the system, but if I had the e-mail, I should have a phone on June 24th. She then recommended I call back later to double-check, as there system was being updated.

I called back later, and the man I talked to told me that he could see my reservation, but it was cancelled. He then put me on hold to talk to his manager. When he came back, he said that at some point (it did not say when or by whom), the reservation was cancelled. He said his manager had heard of this happening to other people, but there was nothing he could do - my reservation was cancelled. He recommended I call Apple Customer Service.

I called Apple Customer Service, and I talked to a man who was specifically dealing with iPhone pre-orders. He took my story and information, and put me on hold to talk to the Orders department. When he came back, he said I was not the first person he talked to with this same problem. He said there were issues yesterday with the whole reservation and pre-order system. Unfortunately, since I did not give any credit card information (nor, as he said, did anyone who made a reservation for pick-up), and since the order showed as "Cancelled" in the store's reservation system, there was nothing he could do. He did say the "Cancellation" was the result of a glitch on Apple's end, which is why there was no information as to by whom, or when, the reservation was cancelled.

I can not say this is the case for everyone in the same situation as me, but if you made a reservation and the reservation does not appear in the Apple Store App (for those of you with an iPhone or iPad), I would highly recommend calling the store at which you reserved the iPhone for pick-up to verify that they have your reservation, and that it HAS NOT been cancelled.

-Joe

2. Eric Noa macrumors 6502

Eric Noa

Option 2 - Reserved for pick-up, received confirmation e-mail, reservation DOES NOT appear in iPhone Apple Store App

3. hefeglass macrumors 6502a

Made my reservation with the app and my reservation is still showing.

Why dont you show up on launch day and bring your confirmation email with you. Seems like they wouldn't argue too much with that.....show up early.

4. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

Option 1 - Reserved for pick-up, received confirmation e-mail, reservation DOES appear in iPhone Apple Store App

5. Eric Noa macrumors 6502

Eric Noa

I made my reservation online then I downloaded the app but theres nothing on the app

6. Nino313 macrumors member

7. makefunnyfaces macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

8. Eric Noa macrumors 6502

Eric Noa

Never mind guys.... It is on the Apple App

9. rstark18 macrumors 6502a

Just to make sure everyone knows where to look in the app. Stores>Your Store (that the reservation is supposed to be for)>Reservations

10. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

11. kozlosap macrumors member

Option 1 - did my reservation at a little after 3 in the morning yesterday and all is well in the world AND school is out tomorrow! (high school teacher!):rolleyes:

12. unintelligible macrumors newbie

Whew. I can safely say Option 1, but after a little scare. I reserved through the app yesterday, got the confirmation email and saw the reservation show up in the app. But this thread made me go back and look, and when I selected my store and tapped "Reservations" my reservation was NOT listed. So I immediately went into "oh well" mode and planned on just ordering it online whenever.

But something made me go back into the app, so after closing and reopening, boom, there it was. And I tried it again to make sure, and it was there. So if anyone doesn't see their reservation in the app, try closing it and opening it up again. There was definitely a glitch that caused my reservation not to be displayed.

13. goonie4life9 thread starter macrumors regular

If you don't mind, can I ask for which store did you schedule the reservation? I am glad to hear everything worked out for you after the scare.

14. iCHiRS macrumors member

15. unintelligible macrumors newbie

Yeah, no problem. My reservation is at the store in the Florida Mall in Orlando, FL. Even though they say they will hold it all day in the confirmation e-mail I plan on being there early. Gonna be chuggin some coffee that morning.

16. Clix Pix macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    Option 1 -- good to go at the Tysons store, Northern Virginia! I have the email (which I have printed out) and I also happened to be at that mall today so stopped in at the Apple store and checked to make sure my reservation is on file there, which it is.

17. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

I thought this was a poll??? I don't see any poll options...

18. mb2008 macrumors regular

I don't know exactly when I submitted the reservation, but I received the confirmation at 5:14 am CDT for Southlake. The last time I could look at the reservation through the app, it was there. But I cannot get through to the Southlake page on the app right now.

I did later get a pre-order to go through, so as long as the shipping info shows I'm good, I will be canceling the reservation. Although I'm tempted to go anyway to get in the store for accessories. I'm too anal to use the phone without a case.

EDIT: I just checked, I still have a reservation. I did have to reboot the phone to the app to work.

19. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

I'm option 1 as of right now. I'll probably still check the reservation in the app compulsively several times a day until the 24th, though.

20. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

That store was one of my options as well, but I chose Millennia instead. I'm thinking I'm gonna try to get there by 5 at the latest, just in case. I'll be curious to hear how crowds were at your store once it's all over.

21. rleepremier macrumors member

when you pick up your reserved iphone, do they ask you your name or your apple id? i ask this because my apple id is under my ex gfs name and i reserved a iphone using that id. i changed the billing info on that account to my name now but it was her name when i reserved it.

22. FastangV6 macrumors regular

FastangV6