iPhone Reservation System

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tacos1799, Oct 21, 2012.

1. tacos1799 macrumors newbie

Hello. For the past 5 nights, I have been trying to use the Apple online reservation system in order to try to reserve a Verizon iPhone 5 for the next day. However, each night for the past 5 it said "Unabailable For Pickup." Just to make sure there wasn't just a shortage in my area, I searched several different zip codes across the country, but they all said unavailable for pickup. I find it rather hard to believe that there isn't a single Verizon iPhone at at least one of the apple stores I searched for the past 5 nights. Has anyone else been able to reserve a Verizon iPhone successfully through the apple online store, or is the system flawed? Any input is appreciated. Thanks.

2. DaMarkSta macrumors newbie

I tried for a few nights no luck on Verizon phones either on apples site, I'd recommend ordering from Verizon online, they are shipping faster than the apple orders are

3. AHDuke99 macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

No, there really are not any around. I have done the same thing, and no stores have any 32GB black AT&Ts and haven't for a long time in my area. I asked the Apple Store employees a few days ago and they told me if they have stock it will show up online, and usually they sellout by 10pm or a little after.

So the phone is just really tough to find unless you want a 64gb model, I would just preorder it and then keep checking at night. Eventually it will come in. I've waited 22 days now.

4. bravens52 macrumors regular

im at the point where i want to wait for the 5S or next iPhone.. this is getting ridiculous

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Its not that hard to believe.
    They are sold out everywhere.
    The preorder system is not flawed, they are there but gone within seconds every night.

6. jekyoo macrumors 6502

The reservation system doesn't completely reflect the in-store inventory. When I went to the Apple Store, they had other storages and sizes that weren't unavailable for pick up when I ordered an iPhone last week.

7. Ivabign macrumors 6502

Ivabign

I used the online ordering system and picked up a Verizon 16GB Black/Slate last Thursday - I pulled the trigger that night - there had been phones available three of the four prior evenings - I just didn't pull the trigger.

8. Encanto macrumors regular

Theres white iPhone 5 available in the Los Angeles Area. I bet they won't last.