iPhone Respect... Where did it go?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Lightning350, Oct 8, 2011.

1. Lightning350 macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A5313e Safari/7534.48.3)

Ok so I think I speak for a lot of people when I say, I left Verizon Wireless and went with AT&T when the announcement first came out for the iPhone. I bought the iPhone and it was a glorious piece if electronic equipment that was changing my life. Then a year later Apple announced the launch of the "New iPhone... The iPhone 3G". I thought to my self "damn I just bought this iPhone a year ago and they have already came out with a new one! What am I going to do I signed a two year agreement with AT&T and will have to pay full price." AT&T and Apple worked together and said "Hey if you Bought the iPhone you can buy the 3G for the sale price, you just need to re-up your 2 year contract. This has happened with every one since. Different story, but kind of the same. I switched to Verizon Wireless and got the iPhone 4. Now the 4s to me is about the same as the 3G to 3Gs step but none the less I need it. So last night I called Apple and Verizon and I'm being told that I have to wait untill my contract allows me to upgrade! (grrrrrr). To the people that made the switch and got the Verizon iPhone when it came out how are you getting around this issue? Or if any other person knows, please enlightening me.
    Don't reply and tell me that I have to pay $700 either because 1. That's not happening and 2. I know there is a way around this issue. I work in law enforcement and there is always a way around things.
    Thanks for reading and for the future help.

2. Resqu2 macrumors 6502a

Well I'm on Sprint and just paid $650 for my (first) IPhone 4s. I'm not sure how you can get around it unless you pay your way out of this contract and start all over under a new contract, maybe a new name?

3. barkomatic macrumors 68040

A lot of people on these forums who decide to buy the new iPhone model every year pay full retail price and sell their older model to recoup some of the cost--or they pay the ETF to switch carriers.

Others are on family plans with relatives that don't care about upgrades. They then use the upgrade option on their family members handsets for themselves and get one every year that way. However, this perpetually renews the contract.

Of course, one occasionally hears about people who get exceptions for various reasons but they are rare and on a case by case basis.

4. b24pgg macrumors 65816

Haha. Not what you want to hear but you have to pay full retail man, sorry.

5. Nioxic macrumors regular

In Denmark theres only 6 months binding contracts.. longer than that is illegal. :)

but ofcourse i do have to wait longer for the phone to get released... as with everything else (movies, games etc etc)

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I highly doubt you work in law enforcement cause you'd have a clue of how contracts work and a little more common sense.
    There's tons of new phones coming out every month, just cause there is a new device out it doesnt mean you can get the discounted price whenever you want.
    You never had a cellphone contract before? That's how they always worked.
    Pay full price or terminate your contract and pay the ETF or add a line to your account to get the phone.
    No other options and it has nothing to do with respect, its about honoring the contract your signed.

7. Lightning350 thread starter macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A5313e Safari/7534.48.3)

I was waiting for the negitave belly like you. Sorry you feel that way but there is always a way around and I found one. Good luck to everyone

8. briarfox56 macrumors newbie

Just had to brag on the interwebs?

9. toiday macrumors regular

Obviously I can't afford a new iPhone. You don't need a new iPhone every year. Remember how impressive you think the iPhone4 was a year ago, it still is... Stop living in the dream world. But if you think you need the 4S, you can buy one at full price then sell your old one. I see people selling the iPhone 4 at about half or 40% of the new one, if that help!

10. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

You came here for advice and found a way on your own. care to share for the rest of us who haven't found a way yet?

11. briarfox56 macrumors newbie

It's a Trololol

12. Böhme417 macrumors 6502

From what I've seen/heard, it seems that AT&T is far more lenient with early upgrades than Verizon. Verizon's just got worse. On our family plan, only the main line can upgrade early. All other lines must wait until the end of the contract. At least, that's what I was told the last time I was in a VZW store.

13. utekineir macrumors 6502

While i applaud your cheapness being an honorary Jew myself. However

1). It's a phone contract not a bag of donuts and a coffee.

2). Along the lines of always being a way around things and taking into account my horrid gag reflex bald spot and stubble. Any good advice out of speeding tickets?

14. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Oh yeah, you stole one?:rolleyes:

15. ron808 macrumors regular

ron808

Would you like some cheese with that whine?

lol.

16. iDuel macrumors 6502a

iDuel

Could you tell the rest of us about the loophole that you found?

The Wasteland is going to love this thread!