iPhone restore/format

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ATS32, Jul 5, 2011.

1. ATS32 macrumors newbie

I've erased everything off of the phone via the reset tab in the general settings tab and have synced the phone with a bunch of a data to overwrite any personal data yet when I hook up my old iPhone it still brings up my name and my number in iTunes.

I'm selling the phone and don't want the other person to have my information pop up when they hook up to iTunes.

How do I erase the name of the phone and the former number from everything?

Any suggestions and or help is appreciated.

Thanks.

2. potpotsie macrumors newbie

potpotsie

Restore

I think when you restore your phone at the end it will pop up a message that says something about "restore from backup?" Hit No or restart new and i believe that wipes it 100% but im not completely positive. try that out and see if that works out.

3. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Wouldn't the phone number be saved to the SIM card? I was under the impression that when you resell an iPhone you keep your SIM and the buyer is supposed to provide their own?

If for some reason the name of the iPhone isn't being removed when you restore the device, you can rename it by clicking twice on the name under Devices in iTunes and renaming it to whatever you'd like.