iPhone restore from backup issue...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nateo200, Jun 13, 2011.

1. nateo200 macrumors 68030

nateo200

Ok so I wanted to Jailbreak my iPhone just to see what it was like. So I backed it up on my MacBook pro then used a windows laptop Jail break it. Anyways it was okay but I really just wanted all my stuff back so I wiped it and plugged it into my MacBook pro and did restore from back up and BAM! Everything was back except I had none of my music...:eek:What happened? Everything was set to back up I don't understand....this always happens with my Apple products and I end up having to spend a large amount of timing trying to find all the music I lost..:rolleyes:

2. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

3. nateo200 thread starter macrumors 68030

nateo200

It is though....but under iPod under my iPhone it says "No content"....I just want to restore my playlists and music content...:(:(

4. charliecc macrumors regular

This is standard procedure as far as I'm aware. You do a restore and it restores all your apps etc, then you have to do a sync to sync your photos, music etc.

That's how it's worked for me the last few times anyway.

5. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

A restore from backup should sync music automatically. Is the space from your music being taken up on the phone? Does iTunes show that there is xGBs of music on the phone? If so, sometimes the iPod app will say no content when there is music actually there. Usually a reboot or two fixes it.

6. nateo200 thread starter macrumors 68030

nateo200

No I only had 2GB's of music on my iPhone..Its not even showing my iPhone has music content...:( Just rebooted no luck...ugh here we go again.

7. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

So what's stopping you from checking the boxes in iTunes to sync it over manually?

8. The DRis macrumors 6502

This. Just plug your iPhone back in and click sync.

9. nateo200 thread starter macrumors 68030

nateo200

Yeah I just did that but none of my playlists are on my iPhone/MacBook..ugh anyways thanks guys!

10. pmz macrumors 68000

Know what you're doing, or read the screen, before going click-happy.

Music is not backed up by iTunes, because the actual files are supposed to be stored in iTunes.

11. Krevnik macrumors 68040

Krevnik

That isn't always true. I've run into situations where it will leave music sync off because it thinks you sync against a different library. Making sure music sync is actually on should be the first thing done after a restore if music didn't sync/appear.