iPhone restore help!!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Jordb2k10, Jul 25, 2010.

1. Jordb2k10 macrumors newbie

Hello I recently encountered a problem with my girlfriends iPhone. She was having issues with hers so i suggested we back it up and get a replacement at the apple store. It went well and we were given a new phone! Problem is I've gone to restore her new phone from the previous backup and it keeps failing. I'd like to note ive done these before with no issues at all!

The diff is her computer is a windows 7 laptop and i think that's the issue. I have a Mac mini that i use at the moment. Is there a way to transfer her file from that windows computer to the Mac and get this to work? I'll be the hero if i can she's upset right now because she doesn't have all of her information like she had hoped. Thanks so much look forward to all help i receive. Oh it's an iPhone 3GS that she has.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

What do you mean it keeps failing?
    What error message do you get?
    Maybe your backup file got corrupt. Even if you copied the same backup file to a usb drive and into a mac you would get the same results.
    Can you click on the drop down arrow when it says restore from the backup of to select a different/older restore backup?

3. Jordb2k10 thread starter macrumors newbie

There is only one backup we did on that computer it just says iPhone restore failed.

4. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

I dont think you can just transfer the file. but, if you have an iPhone, back it up on your computer and then see if you can put her info on yours and transfer it that way. this will work but not sure if the conflict is her new phone or the windows 7 pc.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yep, then you're pretty much SOL.
    Sounds like you have a bad/corrupt backup file.
    You didnt sync it or back it up on any other library by any chance?

6. Jordb2k10 thread starter macrumors newbie

No just one location unfortunately won't happen again but I wish I could figure this out

7. Jordb2k10 thread starter macrumors newbie

Tried my iphone on her computer as well with no luck.

8. Jordb2k10 thread starter macrumors newbie

Is therevanyway to at least get the phone numbers?

9. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Get iPhone Backup Extractor and SQLite Database Browser (search under my user name for either to see how they work and for links...on my iPhone right now and don't feel like finding the posts and pasting here). This will allow you to get info out of the backup. If this doesn't work, the backup is corrupt.

You might also try reinstalling iTunes