iPhone restore - sms only?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Adam D, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Adam D macrumors newbie

Hello there, after getting my iPhone replaced by Apple earlier on today i am about to do a restore of my last backup. I could go along and keep it as it is but the contacts and sms messages are something i want to have back however i don't want all the other rubbish that comes with it.

The backup i have is a regular backup since i started out with my 3G in 2008. I believe the backup will be full of rubbish data thats not needed anymore so i want it all clean and 'fast' in the past i have jailbroken the phones and plan to with this one and i also believe this leaves some data and stuff behind thats not needed.

Is it possible for me to somehow restore the sms messages and contacts but nothing else?

Thanks

2. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

Unfortunately that's not possible. There are programs you can buy for your computer that will extract the backup and let you view the SMS messages on your computer but you will not be able to get them back on to your iPhone.