iPhone restriction software

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kevo1011, Mar 11, 2014.

1. kevo1011 macrumors regular

Is there a way to disable the ability to take a screenshot on the iPhone? I read about the iPhone configuration utility but also read that it is obsolete. So anyone know?

I know about the restriction section, but screenshots are not listed.

Anyone heard of phonesheriff? They now have a non-jailbroke monitoring service? Concerned that this may be a scam. Anyone used it?

http://www.phonesheriff.com

Thanks

2. chrfr macrumors 603

The only thing I see there is:
    *** All iPhones MUST be jailbroken prior to installing PhoneSheriff. This must be done by the customer before purchasing and installing the software. Please see the Additional Requirements about jailbreaking. ***

3. kevo1011 thread starter macrumors regular

Look about half way down on the right side. It is a red box for the investigator version for non-JB. I would screen shot it, but do not know how.

4. chrfr macrumors 603

It can't be significantly different than something like PhoneView: http://www.ecamm.com/mac/phoneview/

A non-jailbroken iOS device simply can't run monitoring software in the background, so a solution like PhoneView or any of the other various apps that do similar things are the only way it would work.

5. kevo1011 thread starter macrumors regular

That appears to be Mac only & require usb. Supposedly phone sheriff works by entering your Apple ID. It appears to link to iCloud backup. I am not fond of giving my ID & password to a 3rd party unless it is legit.

6. chrfr macrumors 603

I wouldn't give my iCloud password to any third party. There's no "legit" reason to do so.

7. kevo1011 thread starter macrumors regular

Yes, agreed. I figured others would have the same concern.