iPhone Resyncs entire iTunes library every sync. Why?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Davmeister, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Davmeister macrumors 6502

Davmeister

My iPhone resyncs nearly my entire iTunes library (music only) every time I plug it in even if the time between each sync is less than 1 minute. Sometimes iTunes resyncs songs if lyrics are updated or the EQ is, but I don't even touch any of the songs, yet most are deleted off of the iPhone 3gs 16gb blackra1ned and then put back on. Taking about 20 minutes each sync. Photos and contacts etc. dont change though.

Any ideas? Its an iTunes problem as it did the same with my previous iphone 3gs which got replaced because of a broken home button.

Thanks in advance macrumorers!

Tom

2. philman macrumors newbie

Library Resync

I have an iPhone 3G and starting about two days ago, my whole music library is resyncing every time as well and it quite maddening. The only update I can think of that I have done was not to my iPhone but the last OSX security patch. I can't think of any iTunes or iPhone updates. Anyone?

3. philman macrumors newbie

iSync

I saw in another posting on another site that Apple had recommended going into iSync and resetting the history but that didn't work for me.

4. Davmeister thread starter macrumors 6502

Davmeister

Me neither. There must be a reason/fix for this.

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I'm not exactly sure why this is happening (unless you're unchecking a sync and then checking), but you can stop this by turning off auto sync.

6. mfillhart macrumors member

mine resyncs most of my library every time, but its related to having the genius playlist added through itunes for the different genres.

7. philman macrumors newbie

Turn Off Fill Empty Space with Music

I spoke with Apple again and it turns out that if you have checked off "fill empty space automatically with music" on the music tab, it will do the recalculation each time and remove and re-add songs each time. I turned it off and instead just set up a smart playlist to give me 3GB of music which is a little less than the free space I had available. Works great now.

8. Davmeister thread starter macrumors 6502

Davmeister

But of course!!!

Thanks

Fixed.

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2151203