Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

henrys

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 14, 2012
Could anyone advise what my options here are? The packages were securely packaged and apple has told me they're investigating, they also said they have the option to track a phones location without apple ID.

I recognised the driver of course as he had been to my address before but the issue here is I remember there being issues with the pick up scan not showing for one of the 2 devices (2 separate UPS labels - called apple on the day of pick up and was reassured the driver has documented both devices being picked up) and upon checking the two tracking numbers on the email UPS My Choice sent (after both parcels have been delivered), one of the tracking numbers redirects to the other which was delivered.

What is my position here? in terms of not being out of pocket. Would a police report go anywhere if required?anyone have similar experiences? This is UK UPS

convergent

macrumors 68040
May 6, 2008
This is why I always drop off at a UPS store where you get a weighed receipt. I believe UPS can show weight at different points in transit, but not positive.

Reactions: AppleWes

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
The above poster is correct and UPS weighs the package several time during it's trip. If the phone were to be all of a sudden missing the weight would change and give UPS an idea as to were it was stolen.

iPad Retina

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2013
Toronto
The above poster is correct and UPS weighs the package several time during it's trip. If the phone were to be all of a sudden missing the weight would change and give UPS an idea as to were it was stolen.
When I had to bring my 6 Plus for a mail in replacement. I asked for a recipet. They said there was no recipet :confused: Maybe because I was located in Canada. :apple:

kamalds

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2010
Something similar happened to me too. I bought the iPhone 6s from eBay India and my phone got changed with a cheap Sony android phone. 30 days have passed and I'm still waiting for my $1000 refund to my credit card.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.