iPhone Return

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jazper, Oct 13, 2014.

1. Jazper macrumors 6502a

So I set up a return ages ago for an iPhone, TNT rang me to collect it after arranging it, unfortunately I couldn't answer it - tried ringing them the next day waited on the phone for an hour but the Apple department was busy so hung up - eventually decided just to cancel the return.

2 weeks later I get an email from TNT saying that they're going to pick up my item to return it - this is after the return request as expired, so I emailed to say I want it cancelled, I get an email back saying they will cancel it and contact Apple. Alongside this I also am returning a broken printer to HP - today TNT collected that printer (family member unknowingly gave it to them, as UPS was meant to collect the printer today). So now my HP printer is going to Apple. :rolleyes:

I don't even know what to do :mad:

2. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

See if you can get TNT to stop delivery and return the package to it's orgin.

3. Jazper thread starter macrumors 6502a

Emailed them, gonna ring up tomorrow as only found out after phone lines are closed, hopefully it won't be delivered by then, as delivery date is tomorrow.... not sure what Apple will do if they receive it.

4. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Apple will open it up and find the information to contact you if it is in there.

If you can't stop it a call to Apple would not hurt! I returned a over $3000 camera body to a company instead of Amazon and they called me and returned it for free, all intact! Apple would do no less

5. Jazper thread starter macrumors 6502a

It does have the UPS label on it, so if they're willing I'll get UPS to collect it from then, mad at TNT though they've messed me around so much.

6. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

Return-Gate.

7. Jazper thread starter macrumors 6502a

Lol - I'm still confused how TNT think I wanted to return this after over 3 weeks with no response and the return request expiring.

8. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

And wouldn't the pickup guy have had some notation on his work order about the size and weight of the package? A printer is significantly larger than a phone.....

9. Jazper thread starter macrumors 6502a

I know right and had a HP logo on the box plus two UPS labels (one for shipping to and a return label) but I guess the drivers usually don't care

10. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

These drivers do not sit and contemplate each package and try to match it up to contents and destination. They are there to pick up a box and that is pretty much it.

11. Jazper thread starter macrumors 6502a

So rang up, was on hold for ages and when I finally spoke to someone, they directed me to ring TNT who can't help since it's delivered so I decided to email and the person asked me some general questions and hasn't replied back yet (was definitely more helpful though).

Got this via email today:

http://gyazo.com/d0477ea7fe1724dbe464e9d2191118b1

I've never understood their billing documents they send but what does this mean? I presume they matched the printer I returned with one they have (since they do actually sell the same printer) but the 'Return for Replacement' part? Nothing is showing up on my account though (as expected).

I've emailed back so hopefully I'll get a response on Monday about this but any ideas?