iphone ringtones with 7.4.2 and latest phone upgrade

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by GrimReefer, Oct 19, 2007.

1. GrimReefer macrumors newbie

I'm sure it's on here somewhere, but.... Please... Is there a good tutorial how to make free ringtones using itunes 7.4.2 and the latest ipone upgrade, 1.1.1 I think that's what it is???

My phone shows a new widget, "itunes" on the main screen, the latest upgrade if you will. I have been reading about changing ringtones and I'm getting a little tired of the few apple ringtones.

I've read of all kinds of ways to change ringtones, but have not found one that fits my situation with versions. I very well could be mistaken on this, and if I am please correct me. I kinda miss my old provider and phone, I could cut, chop, whatever with an mp3 and make it a ringtone. I've found that is not the case with this iphone. Why? Is good 'ol Steve worried he will be loosing money?

I simply want to assign different ringtones to different contacts, is that even possible with the iphone?

2. Cleverboy macrumors 65816

Cleverboy

Pocket Universe, nth Dimensional Complex Manifold
    Meh, first off, you bought an iPhone and knew they didn't mention anything about the ease of adding your own FREE ringtones, so... first off, there you are. Anything on top of that is gravy not a reason to spite Apple/Jobs.

Its a little tough reading these types of comments, when the PLATFORM you are on isn't mentioned. I end up suggesting something, only to find out later the person uses a different operating system.

iToner
    MacOS X 10.4.10 or later
    http://www.ambrosiasw.com/utilities/itoner/

If someone has a Windows solution, they can speak up, but from what I understand, you're only real solution is to JailBreak your phone. Erica Sadun has released another version of SendSong, the 3rd party app that let's you set anything in your iPhone library as a ringtone.

~ CB