Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

llee8820

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 15, 2007
So I've heard a rumor a couple weeks ago saying that Apple will once again reduce the Iphone price by another $100, reducing it to $299 for the 8gb. My question is, has there been any recent news about this? I seriously debating whether to sell my 8gb iphone and just wait till the price drop and buy the 16gb one. But i'm not sure if the price drop will happen in the near future. Any suggestions? Thanks.

cupofjoe

macrumors regular
Feb 23, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
I don't know where anyone is hearing this? They just added a new 16 gig model... why would they drop the price right after intro-ing it (I would assume they'd have to drop both 8 and 16 prices if they did any drops at all).

InvalidBassist

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2008
Chicago
From Mac Rumors and others.

I remember hearing about this as well.

None of the other sites, or this one have any updated information since, so instead of waiting for it, I went ahead and purchased one, and it should be here on Tuesday.

I figure if it happens on Tuesday then I'll just return it and buy a new one for less.

cupofjoe

macrumors regular
Feb 23, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
From Mac Rumors and others.

I remember hearing about this as well.

None of the other sites, or this one have any updated information since, so instead of waiting for it, I went ahead and purchased one, and it should be here on Tuesday.

I figure if it happens on Tuesday then I'll just return it and buy a new one for less.

Aw, yes. I remember that article, but thought nothing of it, because I believe they said it wasn't through a reputable place. :p So I bought my iphone, lol.

Lycanthrope

macrumors 6502a
Nov 1, 2005
Brussels, Belgium, Europe
It would make sense to me that Apple would wait until they have a 64GB iPod T and a 32GB iPhone, then would be the time to discontinue the lower capacity models and reprice the 16GB on $399...

Knolly

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2007
It's probably something similar to their game plan with the original iPhone... Only so many people will pay $500 for the 16gb, so if they lower they'll get either:
1. Even more people upgrading to a new iPhone
2. People finally taking the plunge to get an iPhone

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.