iPhone Running Replacement?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by gman901, Oct 4, 2009.

1. gman901 macrumors 6502a

I hope this is the right forum to ask this question, but I want to know what you recommend as a replacement for my 3GS iPhone for working out... I have been using BT headphones and the built in Nike + connection to track my miles every day. I use the BT headphones because I hate wires and I always yank them out of my ears while running and/or lifting. I want to keep my iPhone in my bag to avoid sweat getting into it. I need an iPod that I can really work out with and be able to use BT headphones (with or without an adapter) and the Nike +. Any recommendations?

2. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

iPod Nano??? Nike+ built in and you can get a bluetooth adapter that snaps to the bottom...pretty simple really

3. gman901 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Okay, I have a BT adapter for my headphones, but I was not sure if the new Nanos have the Nike + built in! If that's the case, I'll go and get the new Nano for working out! Thanks! I really appreciate it!

4. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

the new nanos have a pedometer built in, and it can link to nike+. But it does not have a receiver that will work with the sensor you stick in your shoes. And since you can't plug in a receiver as well as your BT adapter, you're out of luck with the nano (unless you're ok with tracking your miles with a pedometer, but really, pedometers are grossly inaccurate, so I wouldn't go that route).